Create File Systems

• Hello,

I have deleted the filesystems of one of my hard drive. :oops:
    The problem is when I try to create a new file systems on this HDD, openmediavault proposes me to format the hard drive and of course I do not want to :D
    How could I get back all my data on this hard drive?

I tried software such as testdisk but I do not have file systems, thus no way to repare it :roll: I can see my partition but not the file systems, which is normal.
    I also tried to plug my HDD on my windows computer and tried to read the data through ext2fsd but my HDD filesystem is RAW.

Please if you have any idea on how I could get my data back it could great!

Thanks in advance

• I think its time to get a good data recovery software... but, why in the world did you delete the filesystem and thought you can readd it again?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I don't know of any good and free ones. Sorry.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

testdisk/photorec has worked the best for me. Should work just fine in your case as long as you tell it what filesystem was on it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!