Duplicate sources.list

• Hi everybody, today I tried to check for updates via the web login and got this error message:

Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; sudo apt-get --show-upgraded --simulate dist-upgrade 2>&1': Reading package lists... W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/main amd64 Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/security.debian.org_dists_squeeze_updates_main_binary-amd64_Packages) W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/non-free amd64 Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/security.debian.org_dists_squeeze_updates_non-free_binary-amd64_Packages) E: Encountered a section with no Package: header E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/packages.openmediavault.org_public_dists_omnius_main_i18n_Translation-en E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

I seem to get it when checking via root when logged in directly to the server.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Show the contents of
    /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list
    and
    /etc/apt/source.list

and show the files in the directory /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

I know that the world does not expect the us to many. It is sufficient that you answer yourself a very important question: what I like to do in life, and then start to do it.

HP N36L Microserver 60GB SSD + 2x 250GB HDD + 2x 1TB omv 3.0.X 64 bit - 3.16 backport kernel
    Banana Pi + 16GB SD + 500GB - test platform omv 3.0.X - ARM - 3.4.104 kernel
    Banana PRO + 8GB SD + 320GB - test platform omv 30..X - ARM - 3.4.104 kernel
    SimpleNAS project - OpenMediaVault and Case for Banana Pi/PRO/M1/M1+/M3, LM Guitar

• openmediavault.list is as follows:

Code
    deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public omnius main
    ## Uncomment the following line to add software from the proposed repository.
    # deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public omnius-proposed main

Sources.list is as follows:

• Everything looks good

Login to the console.
    follow the instructions

Code
    apt-get update
    apt-get dist-upgrade

If you receive this error paste it here

I know that the world does not expect the us to many. It is sufficient that you answer yourself a very important question: what I like to do in life, and then start to do it.

HP N36L Microserver 60GB SSD + 2x 250GB HDD + 2x 1TB omv 3.0.X 64 bit - 3.16 backport kernel
    SimpleNAS project - OpenMediaVault and Case for Banana Pi/PRO/M1/M1+/M3, LM Guitar

• Code
    W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/main amd64 Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/security.debian.org_dists_updates_main_binary-amd64_Packages)

W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/non-free amd64 Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/security.debian.org_dists_updates_non-free_binary-amd64_Packages

E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
    E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/packages.openmediavault.org_public_dists_omnius_main_i18_Translation-en
    E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened

This is what I get when trying at the command line

• Not noticed. You have twice entered the same repositories.
    Remove or comment out the last two lines in /etc/apt/source.list

Code
    #coment or remove this line
    #deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free
    #deb-src http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free

and then

Code
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade

• Seem to be getting closer, the duplicates have disappeared but the error message remains:

Code
    Reading package lists... Error!
    E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
    E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/packages.openmediavault.org_public_dists_omnius_main_i18_Translation-en
    E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened
  • try

Code
    rm /var/lib/apt/lists/* -vf
    apt-get update

• New Error message:

Code
    E: Encountered a section with no package: header
    E: Problem with MergeLists /var/lib/apt/lists/packages.openmediavault.org_public_dists_omnius_main_binary-amd64_Packages
    E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
  • Show what gives the command

Code
    ls -l /var/lib/apt/lists/

and after check

Code
    apt-get update

If that does not work I do not know what's going on.

After the release rm you should delete all files from the directory except one directory

• It said there were not files or folders and could not ls:

I did apt-get update and the error appeared again. This started a few days ago but the last time I did anything on the system was an update a few weeks ago, other than that there hasn't been any work or installations on it.

If there is a way to back up the users and settings then it wouldn't be a problem to install the system again, but I don't know how to back up the users and settings.

Appreciate your help on this!

• This is a problem with the repository. Do you have this error before it

Code
    Reading package lists... Error!

last chance
    Change the contents (/etc/apt/source.list) of the following

then follow the instructions in the console

Code
    apt-get clean
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade

If that does not help I do not know.

• Thanks, but before you replied I decided to to a fresh install, but unfortunately no matter which mirror I choose when the installer gets to configuring apt it always fails to download file 15 of 15, which I assume is grub because if I choose to ignore the file then the installer fails to install grub loader. I live in China and have no idea if that influences the install or not but I'm unable to install the system now.

• Install without internet connected. Something seems to me that some servers may have a lock for your country and that is why you are having trouble downloading.

Do you have any Chinese Debian servers (repositories)?

• It appears that it can not resolve packages.openmediavault.org, if I were to hazard a guess, while using a proxy to access this website, that it is now on the list of blocked domains by the Great Firewall of CN (Total Kill joy they are!). Appreciate all the help you have given me cyryllo, on this matter but it looks like for the foreseeable future I might have to find an alternative solution, which is a big pity. I think, for now anyway, that we can close this thread.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "paulchina05"

It appears that it can not resolve packages.openmediavault.org, if I were to hazard a guess, while using a proxy to access this website, that it is now on the list of blocked domains by the Great Firewall of CN (Total Kill joy they are!).

Would be interested to know why OMV is on the black list. The OMV pages do not contain any political topics which could be a reason to get listed on the blocked sites.

The old FreeNAS code contains a hidden link to a site about Tibet, but this was already in the code base before i joined the FreeNAS project (this could be validated via the SVN, see http://freenas.svn.sourceforge…&view=markup&pathrev=2709 and http://freenas.svn.sourceforge…inc?view=log&pathrev=2709). This would be really bad if such an issue would be the reason, the OMV project or myself does NOTHING have to do with this.

At the end this is a bad situation for all users from China.

• The reasons why are anybody's guess, 12 months ago when I started using it there were no problems, now there is, it could be a word in the website (key word filtering) or the fact that it's a free secure file storage system, either way I stopped guessing long ago, it gives me a headache and makes me drink more :D
    When I apt-get update all the debian packages seemed to get a hit but as soon as it got to packages.openmediavault.org it couldn't resolve.
    Some parts of China have more of an issue than others because filtering is done as state level, provincial level, and ISP level so other people might not have an issue.

Keep up the good work guys, I enjoyed the 12 months of using OMV and will do so again as soon as it's unblocked, or there aren't any issues with it, or at least I can figure out where things are going wrong.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!