Write Permission denied to OMV

• My first post so everyone be kind,

I've got a successful setup and all is well except for one irritating problem. I access my OMV box from about 3 computers on my LAN at home. Two of those computers are dual boot with Win7/Ubuntu. In one of the computers I have a swappable drive caddy which lets me swap the HD and boot another operating system. The second HD has a Win 8.1 installation on it.

So this computer can have dual boot Win7/Ubuntu on one HD or Win 8.1 on the other HD

The problem is that when I boot with the Win8.1 installation I cannot write to my OMV folders, but I do have read access. Using the duall boot HD, no problem, all is well. I've set up OMV to allow read and write to everyone. My laptop (dual boot Win7/Ubuntu) and other destop (Win7), no problems as well.

What's going on, any help appreciated!!

One more thing, I have two usb external Hard drives attached to my OMV system, I can read and write OK from all the computers and OSs to them.

Peter

• Yes, it is, I've stayed with the default windows workgroup on all computers. Strange, usually permissions are more troublesome in linux, but I've had no problem with linux configurations. I've set the SMB share to public with no password needed. It's always worked..... until now! The network is in my home so no security is needed locally, I want all access to all computers.

• Only me, I only have one account in each operating system, my name. As I say, it's only Win8 that's the problem so I suppose the solution must be in the network configuration just for that. I can't even say it's that machine as it's using 3 OSs. 2 of which are OK, one isn't. I have only set one user in the OMV box, again myself by name

• Thanks for the link and your efforts, tekkbebe. At least I know now that Win8.1 has issues. Come to think of it, I was alright before I upgraded to 8.1. I am a bit vague because I don't use the Win8 installation much, It's not my main work system.

• I use 8.1 but don't have that kind of problem.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Actually I had one, but not sure if this was 8.1 related or my own dumbness.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!