[RESOLVED] Manual installation of subversion in OMV?

• Hello!
    It's my first post on this forum. I'm new in OpenMediaVault. Telling the truth, I'm new in the Linux at all. So, please be patient for my newbie questions... ;)

I want to build the small NAS for home/small office use. Currently I'm testing OMV in VirtualBox. What I did? I configured simple RAID1 matrix and SMB shared folders on it. I successfully configured my old printer connected via USB-Centronix cable and I shared it using SMB/IPP. All these shares are visible in XP and Win7 clients.

Now, I want to install subversion. I know that the svn plugin for OMV 0.5 doesn't exist yet. Fortunatelly, I found in the Internet a few tutorials how to configure svn in pure Debian. But I'm not sure, how to configure it in OMV. For example, how to ensure that my repo will be stored properly on RAID discs, not the system disc? Should I "mount" my repo in //media/<UUID>/my_svn_repo folder? Is something necessary should I know before I start installation of subversion? Thanks for any tricks. :)

BTW - why filesystems in OMV are represented in folders tree by UIUD instead of user friendly 'Label', configured in WebUI?

• To your BTW: Because Labels are not unique instead of UUIDs.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

To your BTW: Because Labels are not unique instead of UUIDs.

Yes, you right. But I don't understand, why my local folder must be unique for the whole World? ;)
    UUID is harder than Label to use it in config files, for example...

• For the Lazy people:

Code
    ln -s /media/UUID/ /media/labelmehowyouwouldlabelyour

So you buy two new hard disks. Both are labeled by the shitty vendor with the exact same label. How is OpenMediaVault supposed to differentiate between them?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

For the Lazy people:

As I told - I'm newbie in the Linux. This OS surprises me on every step. ;)
    I have a bad feeling, that my custom installation of subversion will be a great disaster... Maybe I should wait for plugin. :lol:

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "TadeuszD"

Maybe I should wait for plugin. :lol:

The subversion plugin (code) is partially done. I just haven't had time to finish it and there wasn't much demand for it (most wanted a git plugin).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I was playing with OMV and subversion last weekend.
    I installed packages, I created the list of users using htpasswd and I wrote the authz file with user permissions.
    Next, I modified /etc/apache2/mods-available/dav_svn.conf file. In most cases I uncommented only corresponding lines in <Location> section. I used both AuthUserFile and AuthzSVNAccessFile directives.

After those steps I can manage repositories from command line, but when I go to http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/svn I receive the http 403 error without the prompt for svn login and password. :(

Where should I look for reasons of the problem?

• Only one question...
    Some tutorials, which describes how to install subversion, recommend to place the authorization files in /etc/apache2/... folder, but some other tutorials recomend to place those files in the repository parent folder, for example /usr/svn. What advantages or disadvantages have those two solutions?

In my installation I placed the athorization files in my repository parent folder. I think, it will be safer (repo & user conf are stored in RAID).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!