Cannot start installation

• Hey everyone. very 1st post. :)

wanna get Openmediavault on my NAS. I used to have nas4free on it, but debian suits better my needs.

tried downloading iso 2ice, burned to disk and usb through unetbootin. all my tries come to this. i Boot on my nas from USB and get stuck to a flashing Underscore after the "SYSLINUX 4.02 ... "
    any help?
    i am using the x64 image as it is supported by my hardware (MOBO-CPU FOXCONN 45CS x64- Intel(R)Atom CPU 230 @ 1.60GHz | RAM: 2Gb ddr2 Kingston HyperX 800mhz)

any help?

thank you in advance
    Dimitris

• Offizieller Beitrag

For usb installs, use dd on linux or win32diskimager on windows. Disable your serial port in the bios.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• i will be running OMV from usb stick for now

Why is it that you so desperately want to tuse a USB Stick? If its not some Stick with Wear Leveling it will be toast within weeks, if not days. As of today there are no optimizations that will extend the life of a USB Stick to a decent time.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Well my current hardware provides only 2 sata ports and 1 pci. the 2 satas are populated by my 2x1tb disks which are mirrored, and the PCI port i was thinking to put a gbit ethernet card. these being said, and not having currently the funds to upgrade hardware, my only solution is USB stick, or HDD on a usb2sata converter. im open on ideas

• Offizieller Beitrag

usb2sata converter is the best option for you.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!