How about an easy TV PVR plugin for OMV ? Seen in CHIP magazine.

• THX for the info.

I visited tobi's page but as a linux newbee this is very confusing for me.

I think I've to study tobi's WIki and tvdr.de

Meanwhile, do you have experience with VDR ? I found it can do a lot , especially if you use the
    many plugins for vdr

Is it possible :

- to control it by a smartphone / tablet ?
    - see live / recorded media on smatphone / tablet ?
    - can it stream live TV to different clients via DLNA ?
    - can it be integrated in XBMC ?

What is not possible what dvblogic can do ?

-

• You do not need to do anything on Tobis page. Just check the repository, go to your plugins and install it. There you can configure everything else.

I´m sure the questions can be answered from someone who uses that software more frequently than myself.

• Although I already installed a repository ( eXplorer) with success I can't install the VDR.

I downloaded the "openmediavault-vdr-master-zip" and tried to upload it but received
    an error message :

Failed to upload package 'openmediavault-vdr-master.zip'.
    The package name does not match the plugin naming convention.

I think I did it in the same way with the eXplorer

What went wrong ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you enable the vdr repo?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You have to upload ".deb" files there. But you do not have to do that!
    Enable the VDR Repository like I posted in my picture above. Then click the "check" button:

after that, go switch to page 2 and click on the VDR plugin and hit the install button:

• THX for the info.

Now I found it. But only after a while bcs there are the 2 pages of plugins and I missed the 2nd for a while.

Now I'll test the plugin, although I've not a TV card yet. Will have anyway a look at it.

Do you know if I can use a TV USB stick or where is a list of the compatible TV cards.

• Do you know if I can use a TV USB stick or where is a list of the compatible TV cards.

http://bit.ly/1qmIwbh
    gleich der erste Link ;)
    the first link ;)

• THX, but this are DVB-T sticks. I prefer a stick ( DVB-C ) bcs I already have in my N40-L a PCIe-SSD installed.

F.i. this one : http://dvblogic.com/en/hardware/pctv-292e-dvb-t2-t-c-stick/

I hope here are some video freaks who have a closer look at the dvblogic product and post some comments.

The SW is for Ubuntu but maybe will fit Debian too ? !

Where can I find some screenshots of VDR operating on a client to compare ?

• my USB ( PlayTV ) erm.. DVB-T.. 'just worked' ..

It doesn't integrate with DNLA, there are various streaming methods.. stream-dev ( which is part of the OMV plug in ) and VNSI.. which is part of VDR, but not in the OMV plug in.. you CAN make it work.. but its not what I'd call simple.. search on here.. I have it working well with XBMC Gotham on AppleTV :D

This is all based on current production version of OMV.. hopefully VDR will get a version bump at some point as is currently 1.7.something in the OMV plug-in and 2.something.something in the wild..

I put time in to reading and searching to get a better understanding.. but I'm impressed.. and the overhead seems very low..

..muddling my way through linux one bit at a time....

HP N54L - OMV 5.6.20-1 - 8TB + 6TB ICY DOCK - 16GB

Mac Guru 8)8o

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!