TVHeadend WebGUI not reachable / Nginx?

• Hey Guys,

I have still some trouble with Kralicek...

After a completely new Installation of OMV 1.0 (On a Virgin Wheezy 7) I could not reach some WebGUIs in normal Browser Modes. I had to switch to Incognito-Mode to reach the GUIs.
    I resettet all Browser-Caches and it worked.

No I have the some problem again, TVHeadend WebGUI is only reachable in Incognito-Mode.
    In my opinion it cant be neccessary to empty all caches every week to reach the GUIs.
    I think that the problem is related to Nginx, but I dont know exactly. Anyone an idea how I can figure it out?

On top of that I have to restart the whole System every day because TVHeadend ist not reachable from my clients.
    I'm not sure if that is an Problem of TVHeadend or OMV-related. WebGUI is still reachable and the process running etc.
    I think it is OMV-related because I had the same Release of TVHeadend running under OpenElec without any of this problems before I moved it onto my NAS.

• Did you consider throwing TVHeadend into a VM instead?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I would guess ur using IE11 - the world standard in web incompatibility. Best answer I can give you is use either Crome or Firefox although I have seen the odd issue with these browsers as well. I think the main problem is not being able to log out of TVH so the browser just thinks it's still logged in. TVH has its own web engine so I would doubt this is nginx related or, indeed, anything to do with OMV. I would ask you log this with TVH if it bothers you so much but better still just ditch the windoze.

• I tried TVH in a VBOX mv earlier this year as it wasn't supported via the repos in squeeze so I did a net instal wheezy VM and passed thru a DVB dongle. No issues with the install and it happily scanned the channels in but playback failed supremely on an N54L. May be CPU related or just lack of hardware decoding in VM so worth a try on a fast box if ur bored one afternoon. If only SD required and it worked already on a Pi then what about running it on the pi and power from the Nas usb for the sake of a watt?

• Hell no, I'm not using Internet Explorer....
    I'm on a Mac and using Safari and Firefox. But with both I have these problems.
    The idea that I cant log out from TVH seems legit, but I'm wondering that I only have that issue under OMV!

I'm running TVH v3.4.27 on OMV, as same as I ran under OpenELEC.
    Only on OMV I have these Browser-Issue and the problem that my Clients can't connect after some time to the Server (mostly after 1 day). After a restart TVH works like a charme for ca. one day.
    Under OpenELEC it ran for weeks without any restart and problems. Thats weird for me.

I'm running my OMV on a Q1900 Intel CPU. So I don't think that there is an CPU-related Problem.
    The OpenELEC-System ran on a FX-6100 in my HTPC (not on a Pi). I moved the DVB-Card into the NAS because the NAS has half of power consumption.

Thats all really weird to me.
    I think I will try it one more time and will setup the hole machine completely new. If it works.. fine, if not I think I have to go back to my Zyxel NAS and put the DVB-Card back to my HTPC. That worked very well for months.

OMV without TV-Server functionality makes no sense for me...

• Create a daily cronjob to restart your tvheadend server at night.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hi C0mmanda,

I played with HTS Tvheadend 3.4.27~gfbda802~wheezy on OMV after your post and got it to work after fumbling around with the settings. The web frontend did not work in Chrome for me. I then tried it on Firefox and it worked. I did not clear cache on either. I'm able to stream to my Android tablet, TVs using XBMC, and Roku devices without issues. Sorry, but I don't own a Mac. Do you have any other devices you can test with such as AppleTV, Roku, or Amazon Fire? That may help troubleshoot your issue. My browser streaming did not work because the VLC plugin wouldn't load on either browser. If your'e using the VLC plugin, that might be what is causing the problem but I cannot say for certain. I'll let it run for a couple of days to see if I run into the same problem where it will not stream to my devices. As for the browser issue, I'll see what I can do with the VLC plugin not working for me. I don't think your issue has anything to do with Nginx or OMV. You can also take a look at the system logs in OMV under Diagnostics -> System Logs -> Logs tab and look at the syslog for tvheadend entries to see if it is crashing or stopping unexpectedly. As David mentioned in his signature, upload your logs the OMV team so they can help you better with your problem. See his link in his signature for more details.

Another thing to look at is if you have installed and enabled the VDR plugin from OMV-Extras. If you do have it installed and enabled it might be conflicting with TVH. Running both VDR and TVH with a single DVB card will not work. The TV card can only be used by one of the applications at a time. Disable VDR and try again if you have it enabled. You might also want to look at the VDR plugin as an alternative to TVH. I have used the VDR plugin for OMV and it works just as well as TVH. The WebGUI built in links makes it easy to manage as well. They also give you a choice how to manage it. This is just my opinion of course.

Good luck on solving your problem! I'll chime in with my results in a day or two.

• So after 24 hours TVH has remained up and running. I can still stream to my devices and the VLC app directly in Linux or Windows. Chrome still has a problem in either normal or incognito mode streaming. Firefox also failed streaming. I think the problem here lies with the VLC plugin at least in my case. Everything else worked except for browser streaming. I also tried VDR on my backup OMV with a different DVB tuner and ran into the same problem with browser streaming. I'm not familiar with Safari so if you can tell me what plugin it uses for streaming in the browser, that will help troubleshoot the issue.

The WebUI only worked for Chrome incognito. Firefox still worked fine. At this point I would start looking into the TVH forums to see if anyone else reported these issues. I'll check again tomorrow to see if TVH is still running.

• Thank you very much for your research.

First, I'm not streaming with any Browser.
    The Problems with the Browser are related to login into the WebGUI. And only this.

I'm streaming from my XBMC Devices with the TVHeadend Plugin only.
    That are 2 RasPis and one HTPC at the moment.

Considering that your setup is working at least for 24hours an more I think that I have a problem with my machine. Unfortunately I cant re-produce the reasons.

If I let the stream play, Live-TV is working 24hours and more without problems.

If I'm stopping streaming Live-TV (what I normally do when I'm not watching TV) it's a game of luck. Sometimes TVH is working, sometimes I have to restart the whole OMV-Machine. (Stop/Restart the TVH process is not working).

Yesterday I've noticed another weird thing:
    Restartet the OMV-Server, streamed TV for one hour, stopped and watched a few YouTube-Clips, wants to stream Live-TV again: TVH not working.
    First I restartet the XBMC-Machine to be sure that its not related to this machine, but no luck. Restartet OMV-Machine, Live-TV works.

It will take some time but I will setup my whole System completely new to be sure there is no problem with OMV and then I will give my feedback.

At this point I wanna thank you all for your support and research.

• Hello again,

First, my TVH doesn't crash any 24hours anymore, but it still does.
    Unfortunately I can't figure out what causes the crash and meanwhile it can take 4 days until crash or 4 hours.

But I figured out WHY TVH wont work after a while. At the last crash (4days ago) I've checked the running processes and there where 3 TVH processes running at the same time with different PIDs. So I killed all running TVH-PIDs (kill -9 1234) and I could restart TVH and it runs like a charme. No need to restart the whole system.

So the question is: Why starts TVH several processes and/or is there any possibility to kill those unneeded processes automatically without a restart? (Some Deamon Tool maybe..?!)

Thanks.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!