create raid 1 for the system disk

• Hello,

with OMV we don't have a tool to backup the configuration. So if the system disk crash, we lose the configuration.
    So the idea is the make a raid 1 for the OS. We have 2 x 160Go hard drive, and OMV is installed in one of them.

The question is : how to create a raid 1 with the second disk ?

I have searched a lot but I can't find good explanation.

Regard.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Take a look at the backup plugin it can clone system drive and backup the whole / folder as well.
    if you still want to look at the raid option you're aiming to build a raid1 degraded array, you can use those terms for your search. dont forget grub, uuid modification and maybe something else I can't remember right now

• hi.

i just did a clone with clonezilla off my OMV disc and keep it in the case fore swapping if my main drive fails.

gr. steel

Cooler Master CM 690 III with 650 watt 80+ gold power supply
    AMD A8-5600k processor
    8 GB ddr 3 1333 ram
    crusial 120 ssd
    5 x 2 TB WesternDigital red harddrive in raid 5
    2 intel 1000mT nic's
    latest OMV stone burner

lets get cooking .....
    don't be afraid of learning it can be fun

• Zitat

hi.

i just did a clone with clonezilla off my OMV disc and keep it in the case fore swapping if my main drive fails.

Yes thank I already to do this. But this is not the question...

Zitat

Take a look at the backup plugin it can clone system drive and backup the whole / folder as well.
    if you still want to look at the raid option you're aiming to build a raid1 degraded array, you can use those terms for your search. dont forget grub, uuid modification and maybe something else I can't remember right now

Ok but I can't see any backup tool (except usb backup which is different).
    Ok I'll search about raid1 degraded array.

Regard.

We use OMV 0.5.60 and we use "openmediavault-omvextrasorg_1.0.23_all.deb". Is it ok ?

No, this is IMHO not ok. You are using the OMVExtras repo for the OMV 1.x version, but your system is running version 0.5.60. So you need to set the correct repo.
    Look here:
    http://omv-extras.org/simple/i…install-omv-extras-plugin

edit: Ok, No. 2.

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!