Calibre - Problem to install

• Hello,

I installed the Calibre-plugin from the extensions without errors.
    But after configuring the "web interface" and the "book import", it doesn't works. The error-message:

Zitat

Failed to execute command '/opt/calibre/calibredb list --library-path "/media/a16c8c24-8ac8-4ee3-8d5a-b79f94e09aba/calibre/" -f title,authors --separator " " 2>&1': /opt/calibre/calibredb: 1: /opt/calibre/calibredb: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

From other threads I read this error-message for other systems (I'm using an raspberry pi) and I tried this code:

Code
    wget http://omv-extras.org/testing/install_calibre.sh
    chmod +x install_calibre.sh
    ./install_calibre.sh

The installation looks fine (no error):

But the error-message at the end is the same :thumbdown: and I wonderes about the download of an "i686" file. Is this the correct file for my raspberry pi?

Thanks for help :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I removed calibre from armel and armhf because it doesn't work on them. When I updated the last time, I forgot that I shouldn't add to armel/armhf. Nothing I can do to fix this. I guess you could convince the calibre author to make an armhf version.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Maybe I'm too simple minded to understand that, but what is the advantage of having Calibre installed on a NAS?
    I use it, too and I like to read and have a lot of Ebooks, but the local version on my PC has everything I need to administer the library which I can store on a share.

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

• Hi,

thank you for your bad message ;)
    I saw an instruction to install the calibre-server on Raspbery Pi - but not for OMV.

Because I'm beginner: Can you explain me, which type of armel/armhf-file or -package we need?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The calibre page states:

Binary installcalibre has a binary install that includes private versions of all its dependencies. It runs on 32-bit and 64-bit Intel compatible machines. To install or upgrade, simply copy paste the following command into a terminal and press Enter:

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!