no boot when external usb drive is plugged in

• I've connected an external 3,5 hard drive via usb 3.0 and mounted it over the webgui. But when rebooting the server it does not come up. There are no log entries and i can neither reach the server over ssh nor webgui.

Drive-Name: 19394424-5933-4d1c-aa31-3225ee551cb9

/etc/fstab

/etc/openmediavault/config.xml

• Do you have a mouse, keyboard and a monitor hooked up to your server? Sounds like the BIOS might be set to boot from removable devices before HDD. Please check the boot order in the BIOS and set HDD as the primary boot device, more specifically the HDD that has OMV installed on it.

• Oh it does not send my first post. Switching the usb port does not help. So i think it will be the bios problem. When i attach a different usb drive it also does not boot. I need to get an vga cable to test it

• That sounds reasonable. But i don't have a cable so i have to test it in the next days. Thanks so far, i will post

A cable? For what?

Just a quick test... remove the external drive and boot it up. If everything boots normally with the usb drive removed then it's the boot order in the BIOS. Until you get your cable the way to get around your problem is to have external drive removed and turn on pc. Wait about 10-30 seconds for the server to finish POST and to start booting from the correct drive with OMV on it, then plug in your external drive.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!