Modification of the webgui

• Hello everyone :)

I am running the latest released OMV 1.0 and accessing the webgui from w7 on chrome and I like the webgui however I wish I could add some custom links.

I tried installing links plugin however it doesnt appear to be doing anything...
    so the question is whether its possible to modify the webgui? Where is the source location for the webgui so that I could look into customizing a page or something to add links and images and such.

I dont exactly know how complex the webgui's coding actually is however I am up for a bit of a challenge XD

thanks in advanced

PS. has anyone else done something similar? maybe adding a plex web link or quick diagnostics link or something?

• could you post some screenshots of what "working" looks like? I dont have anything to compare it to at the moment and it would be easier to show what I am looking for when I can see what I should be working with in the first place :)

Thanks

• Another thing you should know. When you enable a media link it will disable CSP (Content Security Policy). Then all the other iframes (web clients) will work in the other plugins. The iframes will not work til CSP is disabled.

• No problems with the normal links part. Sometimes with the media links. If you have media links that do not work sometimes you need to install another plugin and then they will.

yes I tried to put plex in a media link but I couldnt get anything to happen, are the media links specific links or should any webpage work within these links?

• What you mean you tried plex??? The plex forum??? Because the plugin has an iframe and you do not need to make a media link with it.

Some sites will not work because the can put code in the headers that prevent it from being in an iframe.

Anything with plex should work. Tell me exactly what site.

• If you did try to put the management site for plex in a media link you do not know the proper site. But you should not put that in a media link because there is already a iframe (web client) for it.

Code
    http://ipofyouromv:32400/web
  • The media option will not work with all websites because some will not allow being in an iframe. So you have to just test and find out if desired site works or not.

There was an upgrade. Maybe Aaron fixed the issue with the media sites. The normal link sites should would perfect all the time. There has never been issues with the normal links.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I did fix it (I think). It was a problem with the javascript being cached. So, I clear cache when a media tab is added.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!