Error #6000 cannot access GUI

• Everything I have done before this happened.
    Installed pyload.
    Unable to access pyload web interface.
    Uninstall pyload during high CPU usage (Plex transcoding)
    GUI no longer respond. Uninstallation give response done.
    Reboot.

Now I get this.

Code
    Error #6000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to open file (filename=/var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omvwebguilogin_js.json, mode=w+).' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/util.inc:168
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc(163): OMVJsonFile->open('w+')
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(41): OMVHtmlPageAbstract->render()
    #2 {main}

Everything else works. Directory /var/cache/openmediavault does not exist. Please help.

Hardware configurations
    CPU: Intel Pentium T4400 @2.20 GHz
    RAM: 3GB
    HDD:350GB HGST Travelstar

Pretty much just an old laptop :D

• Try apt-get --reinstall install openmediavault

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Same problem here. Just one dumb question:

What does apt-get --reinstall install openmediavault do? Do I loose everything or does the system just get all the files that are missing, and it's working again?

Greetings, Johannes

• or does the system just get all the files that are missing, and it's working again?

Exactly.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Exactly.

Greetings
    David

After doing a complete update of my system (Banana Pi running OMV 1.19, Linux Kernel 3.4.103) by selecting all the possible updates and starting the process and doing a complete reboot I get the same error message like in the first post. Also the directory /var/cache/openmediavault does not exist.

Unfortunalety your suggested apt-get didn't work as it gave me this output:

All services and shares seem to be working but the WebGUI is not reachable. I think I saw some error notifications flicking over the output window of the update process.
    Any ideas how this can be fixed or where I can find the error logs from the update process?

Thank you a lot!

Edit:
    After manually creating the missing folders /var/cache/openmediavault and /var/cache/openmediavault/archives via mkdir i was able to re-issue the apt-get --reinstall install openmediavault command. This time everything seemed to finish without errors. The WebGUI is available again and - after a reboot - no more open updates are found.

Ping @davidh2k:
    Does my workaround look okay or are there side-effects I should check (e. g. file permissions, etc.) if really everything is in order again?

OMV 1.19 (OMV-Extras.org 1.34) | BanaNAS | 16GB microSD (using FlashMemory plugin) | 1TB SATA WD Blue Mobile

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von root2 ()

• It shouldn't cause any side effects. ;)

Greetings
    David

• It shouldn't cause any side effects. ;)

Greetings
    David

Thank you for taking your time and looking over my issue, David!

I really appreciate it.

OMV 1.19 (OMV-Extras.org 1.34) | BanaNAS | 16GB microSD (using FlashMemory plugin) | 1TB SATA WD Blue Mobile

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von root2 ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!