migrate raid1 to a new set of disks, most simple way to do it?

• Hi out there,
    I would like to replace my old 3.5 500GB disks running a raid1 with 500GB 2.5 disks for power consumption reasons. Raid should stay at raid1.
    Time consumption is not an issue. I have a usbbackup of the filesystem externally. The process should be as simple as possible.
    Shares and permissions should be kept, as it would be quite an effort to rebuild this.

I thought about taking one 3.5 disk out, replace it with a new 2.5, rebuild the raid1. But I assume in this case there will be an orphan disk leftover in the config.

Any other suggestions welcome. If you can refer me to an FAQ or another thread I missed when searching this would be appreciated as well.

Regards,
    profigriller

• I saw that thread already. I have not tried it yet but doesn't this leave the old disks as orphan disks in the configuration?
    As stated in the thread I could remove one of the old disk from the command line from the raid1 but how do I tell which one I should remove then?

Regards,
    profigriller

• How about removing the cable from the one you want to replace first.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Huh? It is part of a raid. If that fails the raid changes it status to degraded. That behaviour didn't change since OpenMediaVault 0.2

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Orphan entrys only exists on single disks.

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!