End Kernel Panic: VFS: unable to mount

• Greetings,

I had a bit of a scare today. My shows playing with Plex kept stopping at random. I restarted Plex, then restarted my router to no avail. The last thing to be restarted was OMV. However, it never came back up. I received the 'end kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount" message. I've done a recent upgrade but I can't tell you if I was upgraded to the latest version provided on 25 May.
    I have the following for boot options:
    3.16-0.bpo.2-amd64
    "" recovery mode
    3.2.0-4.amd64
    "" recovery mode
    2.6.32-5-amd64
    "" recover mode

For giggles, I chose 3.2 non recovery and I appear to be running now. When I tried to login to the admin page, I got the scrunched page and can't see anything in the right pane.

Any thoughts on why this happened and why the boot option I selected instead of the default would be appreciated. The posts I reviewed were a couple years old and referred to a clean install. This one isn't.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you have omv-extras installed, in that same extras section you can select which kernel you want to boot.

Today one of my VM also started with the same problem. Booted kernel 3.2 and reinstalled kernel 3.16. Could be a bad install or something, so

apt-get clean
    apt-get install linux-image-3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!