The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Linear RAID array is no longer working

trrrtle

Web Based File Manager?

Adoby

Seeking help with nic driver installation (make install)

rb6freak

ETA for OMV 5.0 - 2020, 2021, 2022?

JackieBrown

Notification settings

cabrio_leo

Recent Activities

• trrrtle -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Linear RAID array is no longer working.

Well, I decided to just recreate the array and hope for the best. mdadm --create --assume-clean --level=linear --raid-devices=2 /dev/md0 /dev/vda /dev/vdb I put this in and rebooted the VM, and amazingly, my array was restored. All data appears to be…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Web Based File Manager?.

Midnight Commander does not use any desktop environment, only a text based shell. So it works fine directly on a OMV NAS without any desktop environment. Or you can run mc in a terminal window on a client computer. Or you can run mc over SSH on the OMV…
  • hrseldon -

I'm going to ssh from my desktop computer to owm(rp3b+), if I use midnight commander to move a big file between two USB drives, do I have to keep the computer on until it finishes moving or can I turn the desktop off after I give the move order?
  • rb6freak -

Replied to the thread Seeking help with nic driver installation (make install).

I reached out to the manufacturer, they said they don't have plans to support Debian 10 / Linux 5.x, so I went out to confirm I could actually compile the drivers on a 4.10.x Linux Mint system. I installed the NIC card on that system, compiled the…
  • JackieBrown -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) ETA for OMV 5.0 - 2020, 2021, 2022?.

@ryecoaaron I did the purge for the plugins but I am still getting the error immedietely after signing in: OMV\Exception: Failed to open include file 'js/omv/PluginManager.js'. in…
  • thedarkness -

• cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Notification settings.

Quote from MickBurke: “OK, so it sounds like I can't change it through open media vault itself? ” Yes and No. You can´t change it by the WebUI. But you can change it by modifying the Openmediavault environment variable, as @macom has explained above.…
  • David B -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Cannot Restart FTP Server.

Thread
    I added a new directory to my FTP server configuration, but it is not displaying when I log in even though the permissions are set properly. I thought I might be able to fix this by stopping and restarting the proftpd service, but I seem to have a…
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x System hanging for about a minute at startup and shutdown.

In the past I had such a delay during boot while a ZFS scrub was running in the background. But it was not related to folder2ram.
  • trrrtle -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Linear RAID array is no longer working.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I'll leave it alone for a couple of days in case anyone has any ideas, but I'm going to pull what I can off a deep scan for now. Thanks for looking.