openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hello altogether!

I installed OMV 4.1.22 on my selfbuild last weekend. Everything works fine. I have access to my data from everywhere in my house, could use SFTP and so on. Actually I installed the OMV-extras to have access to more plugins.
    Ok, now I have some problems.
    I can't install every plugin from OMV-extras and I don't know why. In particular I want to install the RDP Plugin. If I check the plugin and click on "Install" I only get the message as shwon in the picture in the attachment.
    Installing the SFTP plugin was fine and runs well.

I got a hint in another forum that it could be my RAM so I tested it with memtest86. All 4 passes without any errors after 2,5 hours.

Now I have no more ideas. Can somebody help me?

My used hardware (old but runs well)
    ASrock Q1900 ITX mit integriertem Intel Q1900
    WD Red 4TB
    4GB DDR3 1600
    BeQuiet System Power 7 300 Watt

regards
    sgt.luk3
  • New

Cannot create and browse the NFS share created on OMV5 in KODI app on Nvidia Shield. I can mount and browse the NFS share on another computer.

I can though browse the share if I create a source.xml file with the path pre set, but I cannot scan the library.

With the exact same setup in OMV4 there is no problem to browse the NFS share in KODI.
    Has anyone else had the same experience on OMV5 as me? For me this seems like a bug of some sort?

There is also another bug that is always coming up as soon as I change some settings in OMV5. One example: IF I delete one NFS share and then go to "Shared Folders" tab, I always get this error warning below. And the shared folder and all the other folders has dissapeared, the remaining shared folders only shows up again after a reboot. This was just one example.

Source Code

1. Error #0:
    2. OMV\Exception: Couldn't extract an UUID from the provided path '/sharedfolders/Series-Pool'. in
  • New

Immediate error when trying to install openmediavault-transmissionbt 4.0 - any idea on how to resolve this?

Shell-Script

1. >>> *************** Error ***************
    2. Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --allow-downgrades --allow-change-held-packages --fix-missing --allow-unauthenticated --reinstall install openmediavault-transmissionbt 2>&1' with exit code '100': E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
    3. <<< *************************************

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Unclear network behaviour

crashtest

Can't install every Plugin from omv-extras

sgt.luk3

Install Plex Media Server without Docker

ryecoaaron

Can't access to minidlna on my TV or my computer

raulfg3

System Disk is full

votdev

Recent Activities

• crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unclear network behaviour.

A few more tests have been done and the decision has been made to remove network manager from Armbian supported builds. This has been integrated into a guide for SBC build's for Armbian boards.
  • sgt.luk3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can't install every Plugin from omv-extras.

I' ll send it when I'm at home. But good hint!
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Install Plex Media Server without Docker.

Quote from tinh_x7: “You don’t have to rely on Docker for update or its service. ” There is an official plex docker (amd64 only though) that looks updated often. So, I would guess they have automation to push a new image whenever they release a new…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can't install every Plugin from omv-extras.

I'm guessing you don't have Debian repos setup. What is the output of the apt clean button from omv-extras? Please cut&paste instead of screenshot.
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can't access to minidlna on my TV or my computer.

mistery solved, your minidlna is exited ( not active), you must investigate the cause Quote from Tamalou: “Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/minidlna; generated; vendor preset: enabled) Active: active (exited) since Sat 2019-11-30 02:01:26 CET; 1…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread System Disk is full.

Normally this is caused by a not available filesystem (incl. shared folders) which is the target of a backup/rsync/whatever job. So you might concentrate on looking into the /srv directory where all filesystems are mounted. If a filesystem is not mounted…
  • HRSCR -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing.

Quote from gderf: “Quote from HRSCR: “Any other app installed on Portainer will be.... a docker inside a docker? ” No. It will be a docker alongside another docker. ” Thank you very much! I had that wrong idea. Have a nice day, really appreciated.
  • HRSCR -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing.

Like (Post)
    Quote from HRSCR: “Any other app installed on Portainer will be.... a docker inside a docker? ” No. It will be a docker alongside another docker.
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing.

Quote from HRSCR: “Any other app installed on Portainer will be.... a docker inside a docker? ” No. It will be a docker alongside another docker.
  • sgt.luk3 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Can't install every Plugin from omv-extras.

Thread
    Hello altogether! I installed OMV 4.1.22 on my selfbuild last weekend. Everything works fine. I have access to my data from everywhere in my house, could use SFTP and so on. Actually I installed the OMV-extras to have access to more plugins. Ok, now I…