The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Install drive (device) questions about space

Menz

Odroid hc2 diskparking on OMV4

mrperfektone

Upgrade error : openmediavault (4.1.13-1)

Gandalf1203

Adding a Wi-Fi interface

geaves

The Class E Network

geaves

Recent Activities

• Menz -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Install drive (device) questions about space.

maybe since i'm a linux noobie i am not understanding you. so let ,e explainn, there is nothing i need to do on the VM side. i gave OMV a 16GB drive to install to and it still is 16GB but OMV only seems to have installed to 8GB of it. so how do i expand…
  • mrperfektone -

Replied to the thread Odroid hc2 diskparking on OMV4.

To be absolutely sure your settings look like in picture? Because I can not make my iron wolf spin down with these settings even though I have done: "./JMS578FwUpdate -d / dev / sda -f ./JMS578_Hardkernel_v173.01.00.01.bin -b ./backup.bin -t 30"…
  • Gandalf1203 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Upgrade error : openmediavault (4.1.13-1).

Thx for your answer. Since the System is running for some years now i have several versions : #ls /usr/lib/py pymodules/ python2.6/ python2.7/ python3/ python3.4/ python3.5/ Do not really remember why the update was needed, maybe had something to do…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Adding a Wi-Fi interface.

Quote from Rimsonatoaster: “Daaaaamn. I never would have guessed (USB) Wi-Fi was such a big issue ” Only on Linux :)
  • Rimsonatoaster -

Daaaaamn. I never would have guessed (USB) Wi-Fi was such a big issue. Thank you so much for all of your help!
  • donh -

Mine shows python --version Python 2.7.13 for what it is worth. What caused it to upgrade to that? I have almost no plugins if any.
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Install drive (device) questions about space.

If space runs out on the root filesystem OMV will crash. If you have some software that store data in the root filesystem you can move that data to the data partition and link to the original place in the rootfs. Or mount another partition in the…
  • Gandalf1203 -

Could the python version be the problem ? # python --version Python 3.5.3
  • Menz -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Install drive (device) questions about space.

Thread
    Hello all, I built OMV on a VMWare ESXi 6.5 free edition server. i gave the VM 2 hard drives. one that was 16GB and the other is 120GB. i installed OMV to the 16GB but i am noting now that after everything is installed and i have setup plugins and other…
  • geaves -

Quote from Rimsonatoaster: “So i don't entirely know what I'm doing, but those posts did seem helpful. What sort of next steps should I consider taking? ” Basically what you're going to have to do is to download is the binary and build the driver,…