mopedfahrer

SBC NAS: NanoPi M4? RockPro64? Other?

Shares not showing up in Windows 10

EifelT

Controlling OMV though the command line

Plex issues with UnionFS

Recent Activities

• mopedfahrer -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Performance decrease after patches....

Thank you for that fast responses... My efforts so far: - first, I have learned a new command: armbianmonitor, very useful - second, I have checked the Temperature problem. What can I say: the Fan is broken; even if it is quit loud, it was not loud…
  • Rider -

Liked crashtest’s post in the thread Network Credentials.

Like (Post)
    A lot of information is missing - like how your shares are set up, the OS used at the client you're connecting from (I'm going to assume it's Windows), etc. (In any case) Assuming you already have network shares set up, have you created a user in…
  • EifelT -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Shares not showing up in Windows 10.

Hi, i had the same Problem with Windows 10 and some Applications like XNView. No Network Drives showed up. I add this to the registry and it work now. Source Code (4 lines)If the Key doesn´t exists import above as .reg file.
  • da_guy2 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Controlling OMV though the command line.

Thread
    I'm sure this is probably documented somewhere but my google-fu skills are failing me. I'm setting up my snapraid sync script and would like to disable some services (SAMBA, SFTP, etc) while the sync is happening to ensure that no data gets modified mid…
  • Danceswithcats -

Liked djismgaming’s post in the thread I'm stuck and don't know where to start getting unstuck.

Like (Post)
    Hi! Maybe this blog post from the guys @ linuxserver.io can shed some light on making NextCloud run on your setup. Takes to account the letsencrypt container too: NextCloud Container
  • pro_lamer -

Liked getName()’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Rsync frustration of doing the simplest of things.

Like (Post)
    Or the following scenario: your fs fails, you recover but loose some inodes. Just before you recover your rsync starts working and deletes your backup. You should really be using more than just a plain copy.
  • arctis -

Liked votdev’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Can't install Shairport.

Like (Post)
    I've removed version 2.8.4 from the OMV repo. So you should be able to install 2.8.6 from Debian Stretch. Note that backports are not installed, though it is displayed when calling apt-cache. That's because OMV only installes kernel images from…
  • crashtest -

Quote from geaves: “It could be related to updates from MS, there have been a number of cumulative updates coming out and in some cases has stopped Network Discovery. ” That had crossed my mind, but the corrective action was to disable and re-enable…
  • geaves -

Quote from crashtest: “Interesting. The disabled and enabled toggle switch triggered an on-demand configuration update. ” It could be related to updates from MS, there have been a number of cumulative updates coming out and in some cases has stopped…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Benefits to UEFI installation?.

Where OMV is concerned, I can't really think of a benefit to an end user, when booting from UEFI versus BIOS. UEFI has a much more powerful shell, if something goes wrong, versus initramfs (Linux on BIOS) which is a vehicle to mount a filesystem. UEFI…