Recent Activities

• gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x haugene/transmission-openvpn port forwarding problem.

You need to load a special torrent that will tell you what IP address the tracker sees you coming from. See: torguard.net/checkmytorrentipaddress.php
  • MightyMo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x haugene/transmission-openvpn port forwarding problem.

Maybe I'm being silly here and missing the obvious, but how do you check your OMV install to see if the VPN is working?? I thought about installing a browser in docker, but thought that was a bad idea. I use NordVPN in a docker by the way. I did risk…
  • vlad1966 -

Replied to the thread Best choice to upgrade.

Adoby, are you using the Odroid HC2 with the 16TB Exos X HDDs? I thought the HC2 was limited to 12TB drives. I'm thinking about getting a couple of the HC2's & using one for shared storage & one for backup like you but am nervous about the SATA being…
  • If you executed it as root, that is your problem. Do you have a user on your NAS, or just the root user? The instructions are pretty clear... github.com/xteve-project/xTeVe…n-other-operating-systems The xTeVe binary must be started in the terminal. -…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x USB Backup Plugin - Preemptive Query.

No matter what, don't use the same filesystem label on the drives. Make sure they are unique.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Login problem.

Quote from andrzej: “can add IP to exceptions for input and output. ” This isn't an OMV problem. Your browser is reporting a different IP address than the system connecting to OMV. What are the IP addresses of the computer on the network? I have…
  • Wumpus -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) autoshutdown 5.0.2, always full ip range checked.

Quote from cabrio_leo: “You could try to enter "4..4" in the IP range field. Then only this address should be checked. ” Hi, unfortunately not. After entering "192.168.2.4..4" in the field, the entry in the confog file is correctly set to
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Advice about microSD card.

I recently bought a bunch of SanDisk Extreme Ultra A2 64GB for use in my HC2 and RPi4. A2 C10 V30 UHS-I U3 SDSQXA2-064G-GN6MA I would recommend at least 16 GB and A1. A1 and A2 means that random access is good. Cameras typically access sequentially.…
  • steakhutzeee -

Posted the thread Advice about microSD card.

Thread
    Hello :) I have a little questions for you, hope this is the right section, what microSD card should i buy for my Odroid HC2? What size and standard? Thanks in advance!
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x USB Backup Plugin - Preemptive Query.

Quote from Sui_Generis: “If I go down this route, is OMV/USB Backup using /dev/ identifiers or UUID's? ” UUID´s Quote from Sui_Generis: “Since I will be using multiple drives what I don't want to happen is two or more external drives (only one…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Update OMV dont recognize existing partitions on HDDs.

Quote from KJaneway: “Thank you a lot. Now it works well and the UI recognizes all drives. ” So you jumped in with both feet :) :thumbup:
  • KJaneway -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Update OMV dont recognize existing partitions on HDDs.

Let me say it in this way: I am a noob who knows google youtube and man pages. I wouldn't have found the solution with your help. Thank you a lot. Now it works well and the UI recognizes all drives. EDIT: I changed the thread title to something more…
  • geaves -

Quote from KJaneway: “Thanks for the help. I found in the man pages of Wipe FS the solution to erase all signatures with ” :thumbup: Removing the offsets would surely be enough, I would do that first, but you seem to know what you're doing anyway. EDIT: I see…
  • Sui_Generis -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x USB Backup Plugin - Preemptive Query.

Thread
    Hey OMV Guru's, quick question for your all. So, I'm planning on having a few external USB drives (HDD's) to backup my central stuff on my OMV server, one external drive per one internal drive, so the external is an exact replica of the internal. My…
  • xteve.de/ Admittedly, Yes I am a major Linux noob, so that's probably my problem. I 'installed'/started Xteve as root and realized this was not recommended. How can I undo what I did? I used Winscp to delete the .xteve folder it created in root. But…
  • KJaneway -

Thanks for the help. I found in the man pages of Wipe FS the solution to erase all signatures with wipefs --all --backup /dev/sdx and after that restoring the 2 gpt and the PMBR Entry with dd if=~/wipefs-sdb-0x00000438.bak of=/dev/sdb
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread ACPI BIOS Error.

Is there a problem with OMV 5 and Plex in a docker?
  • DevLiQuiD -

Posted the thread ACPI BIOS Error.

Thread
    New to omv so i dont know what to do about this and it will not let me go any further . OMV5 works perfect but i need this for plex and so i had to install OMV4 After installing OMV4 it shows on the screen
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved externer Zugriff auf Ordner.

• andrzej -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Login problem.

Like (Post)
    I guess your browser is doing something strange to spoof or hide the REMOTE_ADDR. Are you connecting through a firewall/port forwarding?