Auto Shutdown does not work at all

• Hey,

I have some problems getting Auto Shutdown to run. Here's the system logfile from

root@NAS:~# cat /var/log/autoshutdown.log

The GUI shows:

Code
    Oct 28 20:30:01 NAS rrdcached[2135]: Received FLUSHALL Oct 28 20:31:24 NAS - : autoshutdown [6792]: INFO: 5 minutes are over 
    Oct 28 20:32:42 NAS - : autoshutdown [15631]: INFO: Shutdown issued: 'pm-hibernate' 
    Oct 28 20:32:42 NAS anacron[18460]: Anacron 2.3 started on 2015-10-28 
    Oct 28 20:32:42 NAS anacron[18460]: Normal exit (0 jobs run) 
    Oct 28 20:32:43 NAS autoshutdown [18637]: hibernate/suspend: autoshutdown-script stop from /etc/pm/sleep.d/autoshutdown-restart 
    Oct 28 20:32:43 NAS /etc/init.d/autoshutdown: Try to stop: There seems to be no running process of autoshutdown: /usr/local/bin/autoshutdown.sh Oct 28 20:32:43 NAS /etc/init.d/autoshutdown: autoshutdown stopping failed!

I reinstalled the plugin, tried to change IP settings .... but the system stays awake all the time.

Any ideas?

• The log is saying you (or someone else) is connected via SSH:

Zitat

Oct 28 21:32:01 NAS logger: autoshutdown[3771]: INFO: ' _check_net_status(): Found active connection on port 22 (SSH) from 192.168.178.27'

AND you are watching this port. Therefore it does not shut down.

Regarding the GUI log:
    Stop and Start your plugin again.

p.s.
    Does hibernate work, when you try it manually via Commandline? (just type in pm-hibernate)

• :thumbup: Thank you :thumbup:

I excluded port 22.......now, it works properly.......

But I do not understand why there was an open connection on this port. Maybe you can provide some additional information - just for me to learn...

I logged on via SSH prior to the planned shutdown.
    Afterwards, I disconnected the computer from the network.
    When the autoshutdown script tried to set the NAS in hibernate mode, the computer used for the connection was defenitely shut down.

Does the port stay open even after shutting it down?

• It should not stay open, but we experienced some vodoo happens sometimes - I had sometimes a weird connection from my router to my NAS that prevented ASD from shutting down.

So maybe this was just a hiccup and you will be fine from now on.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!