Plex Failed to install - Solution I reinstalled OMV entirely

• So I recently did an inventory and found a bunch of 1Tb, 2Tb, and 3Tb hard drives in "broken/dead" systems. So I rebuilt my OMV server from scratch. I was able to get absolutely everything up and running with the exception of Plex. For the life of me I could not locate my OMV based Plex server. So I uninstalled everything or so I think.

I searched the forums and uninstalled Plex and OMV-Extras and rebooted.

I then went back and turned on the REPO did apt-get update and then tried to reinstall Plex from the GUI Plugins and get this:

So now when I reboot again I get:

I tried to fix this but my family wants to see me again. Help. ;(

James

• Hi James,

I have exactly the same problem. I had a fully operational Erasmus-based system with Plex running, but the HDD with my multimedia data crashed. So I removed all references to this drive and all plugins using data on this drive, including Plex. Then exchanged the broken HDD, copied the multimedia data back from my USB backup (the OMV system is installed on a separate SSD so that was still running as it should). Then I activated the Plex repo and installed the Plex plugin, and I get the same output as you have posted.

When attempting to install command line (as root) I get the following:

Grateful for any pointers that can help me fix this in order to avoid a complete reinstall!Thanks/Evert

• On the command line I see that the installation fails because of a folder that is missing:

This is referring to my old HDD, the one that I replaced. Where is this folder specified (some config file?), and how can I get rid of it or change it in order for the installation to succeed?

Any tips appreciated!

Thanks/Evert

• Well, I managed to solve the problem, simply by creating the missing Library file that was referring to the old HDD volume:

mkdir /media/62fc7163-7f94-4f5c-bf5b-0bad53d42501/plexmediaserver/Library

After this I could through the GUI install the Plex plugin, and then assign a new Database volume under the Plex plugin settings, pointing to the new HDD. This automatically moves the Database Folder to the new Database Volume (i.e. the new HDD). After this it was smooth sailing, just by reconfiguring the media libraries through the Plex web GUI.

Hopefully this will help others with a similar problem.

Best/Evert

• Hello,

i am new on OMV. I tried to install plex media server after some problem i decided to reinstall the plugin but now i have the same issue, like above and some more.

Thanks you for you're advice

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!