Firewall/iptables issue in OMV 3

• Hello,

So I am trying out OMV 3 but I seem to have some problems with the firewall/iptables.
    I have basically setup my firewall according to this post (Help setting up firewall (iptables)) + some rules of my own. However if I add the last "Reject everything else" rule I get problems if I try to do a cold boot. Basically I have now network connection and when running ifconfig -a there is no IP for my eth0 device (but there are no errors during the boot process).

However, if I then restart the box from the command line (reboot), I get a "Failed to start Raise network interfaces" error during the boot process, and when checking systemctl status networking.service I can see several failures, including "run-parts: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/openmediavault-iptables exited with return code 4". However, strange thing is that now I actually got an IP and I can connect to the box just fine. However, If I again do a complete shutdown and cold boot I get the exact same issues.

But removing the last "Reject everything else" line from the firewall/iptables seem to fix everything... So should I setup the last rule somehow differently in OMV 3 compared to OMV 2 (maybe systemd related)? I used the exact same firewall setup in OMV 2 for years....

• Ok, so...

One thing that I did not mentioned is that I had installed hplip from the jessie backports. While installing i did noticed that it also installed a large amount of dependencies, and it did in fact ask me if i wanted to change some systemd configurations but I chose not (keep current configurations was also the default option).

Well I did a fresh re-install (just in case I had messed something up) and while installing hplip today I noticed that it installed a newer version than last night. Checked the change log and indeed it seems like they pushed a new version last night (http://metadata.ftp-master.deb…epack0-1~bpo8+1_changelog). Also, haven't had any problems today... so... I guess that the older version of hplip (3.16.9) caused the problems I had last night...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Strange that it would cause issues with iptables.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!