Plexserver on Pi3 - getting "update" message on Plex interface

• RPI-3, OMV 3 with Plex server plugin installed, on the client page (port 32400) I am getting a prompt that "A Plex Media Server update is available!" with a download for a .deb file tiled:

plexmediaserver-ros6-binaries-annapurna_1.3.4.3285-b46e0ea_armel.deb

I'm too new to OMV to know if that can be used to update the existing plugin. I do remember on a NAS I have that you couldn't upgrade due to licensing (as well as code differences).

Am I correct in thinking that I cannot use that file to upgrade Plex, and just have to wait for its next version in OMV-Extras?

edit: I am not a Plexpass holder, if that's is relevant.

Thanks in advance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I haven't tested but I am pretty sure that you can't use that package. I will probably have to update the package that I create.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

1.3.4 in repo now.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm waiting for an update PMS OMV 2 will be coming soon?

That requires a different package that I don't maintain and the original maintainer no longer maintains either. Only choice is to move to OMV 3.x.

• Offizieller Beitrag

But OMV 3.0 is still full of bugs.

Full of bugs? I use it on 6+ systems and don't have problems. Have you reported any bugs on bugtracker (for core OMV) or github (for omv-extras plugins)?

Indeed, the update confess?

Not sure what this means?

• I'm not a Linux guru, so for me to fix every little problem. did not work log SMB / CIFS, and other .so I went to OMV 2.0. I thought I'd do to upgrade to 3.0 will OMV OK, not testing

• Offizieller Beitrag

VirtualBox also a problem at the core 4.9

This is not OMV's or the virtualbox plugin's fault. Debian has not updated the virtualbox packages even though they released the 4.9 kernel. I did compile the virtualbox 5.1.14 packages for jessie to fix this issue.

• Offizieller Beitrag

so do you advise safely OMV-release upgrade

No. I actually prefer fresh installs. This is not uncommon in the Linux world.

even with 10TB of data on HDD

Don't you have a backup?

to ignore minor errors?

Depends on what they are. When upgrading, you will always see a dbus error that requires a reboot and then restart the upgrade process. Nothing we can do to avoid this.

and virtualbox will work?

If you install the packages I created. They are not in the debian repo. So, they won't be installed automagically.

• OMV 2.0 works perfectly why I can not wait until the OMV 3.0 without errors? I tried it once, I had to move 10TB of data, and it was 3 dny.a result was: Logs button is grayed out, dysfunctional virtualbox, OMV reported errors in the boot when installing the plugins that also did not go smoothly, it was enough suffering, and as I wrote I'm not an expert.

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV 2.0 works perfectly why I can not wait until the OMV 3.0 without errors?

Stay on OMV 2.x then. Use plex in a docker or something. I don't think OMV 2.x -> 3.x upgrade will ever work without errors because there were too many changes including moving from Debian 7 to 8 (which means sysvinit to systemd).

• I just need antivirus, virtualbox, Plex, Sonarr, Transmission, BTSync. I like the OMV is great, and you too ... but why thus pushing up the installation BETA version? Docker can not adjust, I do not see how. I am 50 years old, already I do not mean as ever

• so I'll have the second time in 14 days to move the 10 Tb of data, and to install clean OMV 3.0. I feel a bit like a hostage or experimental rabbit. just to plex, devil take him. probably you will not talk to me? :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why do you have to move 10tb of data to install clean? Disconnect data drives, install OMV 3.x, reconnect data drives, recreate users and shared folders, install and configure plugins.

I feel a bit like a hostage or experimental rabbit. just to plex, devil take him.

When you using Plex, you are an "experimental rabbit" :) The plex developers target the latest releases of packages. So, you have a difficult time staying on a super stable platform and using plex at the same time. That is one of the benefits of docker. Personally, this is why I stopped using media servers and figured out how to use samba on everything.

I used to use virtualbox but I moved to Proxmox and even OMV is a virtual machine. So, that solved the virtualbox problem.

btsync went commercial which is why I wrote the syncthing plugin.

I don't use it but the transmission plugin moved most of the settings to the transmission web interface. That should have helped that plugin's stability.

I don't use sonarr either but it seems like it have developer issues. Hence the release of the radarr plugin.

probably you will not talk to me?

Not talk to you? And by the way, you aren't much older than me. I'm 42 :)

• You're really not a bunch of teenagers? :-D. Ok, I was wrong and I apologize. hdd to 12TB RAID5, and I'm worried about data. but it bothers me that I have a place md0 raid md127 named after installing OMV. I think I have a mental disorder I know :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!