Emby Server and OMV V2

• Offizieller Beitrag

I know some of you install Emby Media Server using Emby's download from OpenSuse which is what I have done....does it appear to work? Yes and No. There are times I can log into Emby (being a new install I want to ensure various images appear how they should) once inside Emby under Metadata Manager I go back to the dashboard only for it to appear as if it has rebooted, only for it crash, then I can't get back in....I get greeted with ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

So using putty I login and do service emby-server restart....this is the odd part, yes it restarts gets back to a login then continues to load Emby whereby it then appears to hang with the last line Info, App, All entry points have started, but it doesn't get back to a login prompt.

I can't work out if this is OMV related or Emby related, I thought I would ask in here before the Emby forum, which I am a member of.

I am running V2 of OMV and used Debian 7 from Emby's repositories.....I've left the current SSH session open, I fear closing may well cause Emby to crash again.

Many thanks.

Have also posted on the Emby forum as well as the error relates to Emby trying to get download ffmpeg from embydata.com which in itself is odd as ffmpeg is already there.

• I also use emby on my server, but with OMV v3 (debian 8). I installed emby by this guide and it's working without any problems.

I must add some repos to /etc/apt/source.list for the installation of ffmpeg to work.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I also use emby on my server, but with OMV v3 (debian 8). I installed emby by this guide and it's working without any problems.

I must add some repos to /etc/apt/source.list for the installation of ffmpeg to work.

I've installed the same way....but it appears to more stable under omv v3 and Debian 8.....earlier today I did find a reference on the Emby forums regrading the way the script is used is Emby to shutdown....something is not compatible between the 2.

• Hmmm, an update to 3 would be no way for you? Although emby is actually officially supported by Debian 7. Strange

• Offizieller Beitrag

Got a reply back form the Emby forum, to try a couple of things these also didn't work..:( if I can't get this sorted I shall go back to using a headless unbuntu server.....Emby is my main use along with a NAS solution. I thought I would try Docker as an alternative but that has thrown an error. Whilst OMV is a great productive looking at what I want to do and achieve it may not be the right choice. I can use a flash drive to run a headless server and webmin as a gui should I need it. Shame really.

• Emby works fine for me in a docker container under omv3. In the past it also worked very good, when I followed this guide:

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks I've done it that way 3 times in fact :) and the problem is 'an errant command line parameter' that's causing the problem, it fails to find ffmpeg even though you specify a custom path in the setup.

I'm seriously considering V3 now although there is a problem with the Emby process not stopping gracefully after some Jessie updates, but an Emby user has come up with another script as a workaround.

• If you consider to use omv3, you should also consider to check the emby docker container from the omv3-docker plugin. ;)

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you consider to use omv3, you should also consider to check the emby docker container from the omv3-docker plugin. ;)

Greetings Hoppel

Will do, I thought I would try Docker for the first time on V2 but it kept coming up with an error so I abandoned the idea.

• chente

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!