Adaptec RAID Controller

• So I was doing some testing with FreeNAS the last couple of days and I have been trying to figure out why it seems I am having performance issues...it turns out that part of my problem is that I have an existing RAID Controller that I already had in the box and FreeNAS doesn't seem to play terribly kindly.

I was wondering if I would run into performance issues using a RAID Controller card with OMV or not?

Thanks ahead of time!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe you could provide some details and someone could have a box with the same hardware. Are you trying to use zfs? The better question you ask the better answer you might get.

Also OMV uses debian so search debian for possible problems with the controller you have.

• I am trying to not use ZFS cause from my understanding using ZFS with hardware RAID causes issues...I may have a terrible understanding but to me it seems that ZFS is my only option with FreeNAS and I guess that's my concern here. Can I just utilize my hardware RAID controller (assuming it's compatible) without instantly causing performance issues.

I don't have the hardware specs right in front of me otherwise I'd provide them to you.

I believe the RAID Controller is an Adaptec RAID 6805

• Offizieller Beitrag

You don't need to use zfs with omv,probably not freenas either. The hardware presents a "virtual drive" to the os. The virtual drive is your raid drives. The key is if there is software to manage the controller from the os. Otherwise you would need to go into bios setup and fix a failed drive or add another etc. I don't have adaptec so not sure if there are tools to manage it in omv.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!