Adaptec 72405 Raid driver support

• Hi, Does anyone know if the Adaptec 72405 driver is packaged into OpenMediaVault OS?
    I plan to do an install on a machine that contains this card, but I want to be sure the installer will see the OS drive, which is connected to this card.

Thanks in advance,
    Andy

• Offizieller Beitrag

I doubt it. That card is too new. There is a driver for Debian Squeeze on the Adaptec site. Why would you put the OS drive on the card instead of the motherboard?

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you for the quick reply, I kind of thought it wouldn't be there :(
    I know Adaptec have a drive for squeeze available to download. So my next question is does the OpenMediaVault installer allow drivers to be loaded during install?

The main reason is our original install ran the OS off the raid card, but I guess I could run the OS drives from the motherboard, providing I can get redundancy on the OS drives also?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nope, you can't load a driver at install with the OMV installer.

The OS drive for OMV doesn't really change much. So, if you keep a backup of the os drive, I don't think you need redundancy. You could use software raid to mirror the OS drive if you are that worried about it and have both drives connected to the motherboard.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Ok yea maybe Ill try the build with the OS drives connected to the motherboard and mirror them with software. You dont see any major issue this may cause?

Also do you know when OpenMediaVault will be compiled with the new debain kernel including the 72405 driver? As this will be an issue if we do an upgrade to a newer version of OpenMediaVault in the future, if its still not supported.
    From what I have read I think it is in the Debain source already.

Thanks

• OMV will allways use the standard debian kernel. When OMV 0.6 comes out with wheezy it will use the 3.2 Kernel.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!