No network interfaces available after install

• i installed and my network interface was found and set up. After restart when it loads back to prompt I get no network interfaces available. I put the install drive it and it sees my 2 ports but when i try to config them it gives me error correction refused. Can anyone help?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Read problem #7 - Solutions to common problems

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

That didn't work. It says loopback.

It wasn't supposed to fix anything. It should just show you your IP address. The loopback status is not the right adapter. The enp2s0f0 and enp2s0f1 are your adapters and both of them are down - no connection. Hard to get an IP address in that state.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

• Offizieller Beitrag

what am I supppsed to do? I have the ethernet cable plugged in. It was working before i restarted. I knew my ip address. How could it they be down if my a cable is plugged in?

Did you change any network settings? Change to static IP? What is the output of: cat /etc/network/interfaces

• Offizieller Beitrag

no i didn't change any network settings. Here is what that command shows:

I don't know why the interface is down then. Try:

ip link set dev enp2s0f0 up
    ip addr

• I had the same issue - made a fresh install, where network interface was found durnig installation. Seemed to work fine.
    But after reboot - no ethernet.

ip addr showed that my ethernet interface was Down.

executed ip link set dev enp3s0 up and dhclient enp3s0 and got network running with an IP adress, but after next reboot, link was down again.

Then noticed that in the GUI, under System\Network\Interface there was nothing. Added my interface '+' and voila, all is good! :thumbup:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!