Migration from Amahi (Greyhole) to OMV

• Hi - Potential (Well almost 100% certain) new OMV user here

I've got a Amahi home server with Greyhole (Drive pooling) and LMS (Logitech/Squeezebox Media Server) (And a lot of other services/servers but none of those are "critical")

I don't want a heavily customized setup - because my know-how is not that great anymore (getting old ;) )- so I ask for advice

Is there a possibility of doing a new install - and migrating the data to OMV's default (Out of the box) HDD management system -
    * - (I like the Greyhple-JBOD approach, because of the flexibility of space vs. HDD failure proof for critical files - but not Amahi's instability with Greyhole in default config)
    * - If this is not a possibility, or hard, or make a hard to update install, I'll have to bet new drives, but since there are no free SATA ports in the machine - I'll have to go via USB - so that has to be bought too :(

What is the advantages of doing a Docker install of Squeezebox Media Server, compared to doing a standard CLI .deb install? (and vice versa)

As I don't know OMV - I've watched some guides (YouTube) - and read/searched som threads here - but I's hard to get a good grasp on the basics (getting old ;) )

I know how to follow a guide, I don't know most commands and syntax in terminal :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a possibility of doing a new install - and migrating the data to OMV's default (Out of the box) HDD management system -

greyhole works on top of the filesystem. The problem with migrating is that you will have multiple copies of those files spread across your disks. Most people use unionfilesystems (mergerfs) to pool and snapraid for redundancy. I prefer rsnapshot for local backups.

What is the advantages of doing a Docker install of Squeezebox Media Server, compared to doing a standard CLI .deb install? (and vice versa)

Some apps have dependencies on software/versions not available in Debian/OMV. Docker fixes this. Installing on the main OS can cause problems with upgrades, add cruft, affect stability that docker also avoids.

Good place to start - https://forum.openmediavault.o…ntermediate-and-Advanced/

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!