Cloudshell 2 OMV shutdown

• Hi guys,
    I installed my new nas using a Cloudshell 2 and 2 WD red 4tb hard drives. I'm using a RAID 1 configuration and Openmediavault.
    It was a difficult undertaking, the disks were not recognized and I had to work on it a little. Now everything seems to be working fine. The problem is that when I turn off the NAS one of the two Sata LEDs remains active and I hear the noise of the disks that are therefore not turned off. It's normal? With RAID 0 problem is the same but with normal mode (without RAID mode) everything working fine.

I am aware that my configuration is not totally reliable. I know the configuration problems that plague my system. But for my needs this type of system is fine. With ubuntu minimal the problem does not occur. I would like to understand if there is a way to solve it.

Thank you

• Offizieller Beitrag

Raid 1 is silly.

Setup rsync or rsnapshot to backup data from 'Drive A' to 'Drive B'... For some reason new users get tricked into the idea that Raid 1 is a backup, and it absolutely 100% is NOT (neither is rsync or rsnapshot in this case, but it's better than raid 1)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!