Beiträge von KM0201

Which difference? That you need to flash an image (did not change) and then need to run 1 (one) command that you can copy + paste (has changed)?

I think he means installing docker and/or portainer with the button Aaron had in the webui.

OMV 4 might even be the old old plugin that integrated everything about docker into the webui(way more complex than how it is now) Can't remember when it changed.. I think it was 3 or 4. I just remember all the weeping and gnashing of teeth about it.

Thank you ryecoaaron, your reply is very much appreciated. Ftp is not exposed to internet.

OMV4 just works and it never gave up on me, I don't even remember when I installed it.

What I like about it is the way of installing it, different from OMV5 and OMV6.

You're posting you're worried about getting hacked.. yet you knowingly use a OS that is no longer getting security updates (and hasn't for a long time), because it "just works".

Think about that...

1. I'd agree that could be improved.

2 and 3... Seems pretty in line with the way OMV normally operates. Just like deleting a shared folder, doesn't actually delete data on the data disks.. it has to be manually done. This keeps new users from accidentally deleting things they didn't really intend to delete.

4. Not sure how I feel about that one. My script skills could be described as "simpleton" at best... simple bash scripting I'm usually OK.. so most of them I don't run with arguments... I just put any arguments right in the script before I execute it.

I'll have to give this one a good ringing out this weekend. My OS drive is acting a little wonky and my new one will be here today. Love the idea.

There probably is (there always is), but nobody here will help you do it. All it's going to do is ultimately start to break things and then you'll be running here wanting help.

The smarter choice would be to provide a detailed explanation of what your problem is, and see if someone can help you.

Saying "I'm having major problems doing X" tells nobody anything.

Not to be rude, but please re-read your messages - I did not, and still do not, interpret any of them to be a request for PM with the name of that account.

I'm in discord all the time time if you want to PM me there the details on this (I don't answer all the time as I work overnights, but I check it when I wake up, before I go to work, and a bit while at work if I'm not busy).

Maybe I'm missing it, but I never saw a PM with your login name to the user you're wanting to use. I can't read your mind.

See how hard that was when you actually listen to what was said? I've already told you the subreddit creator DOES NOT USE OMV. He never has I don't suspect. It's just some randome guy who created a subreddit. This is why you're not getting an answer there. This has absolutely nothing to do with OMV.

If you need help with OMV, the forum is your best place to get advice or if it's an account issue like you had, I'm on Discord a ton and could have resolved this for you from there had you posted your issue there.

Your Antics9085 is now active. Log out and log back in.

I do on this account, yes, but it does not appear for the other account (which seems to be stuck in registration limbo somewhere).

And I've asked you 3 different times to pm me the username on that account so I can check it, instead you keep going on about things that have nothing to do with omv

Also, since there's a Discord (which I also did not see), could consider adding this under the "Social" in the footer of the home page as well?

Again... you're confusing reddit, discord, etc.. with the OMV forum. The forum is the official place for support. To put it simply, reddit and discord are "fan driven". Reddit as you've found isn't even fan driven as like I said, the guy just runs through making random subs, then never posts in them. Guess there is something phallic about being a sub owner or something.

Zitat

Yeah I also got to that thread from Google - which prompted me to try reaching out there as well. Unfortunately, no luck anymore!

Maybe I'm missing it, but I never saw a PM with your login name to the user you're wanting to use. I can't read your mind.

You can? I couldn't last time I looked but I stopped looking a couple of years ago.

Yeha... Last time I had a user mention this issue.. like I said I remember it specifically because it was posted on reddit.. and also remember he used hotmail.

He messaged me his user name, and when I searched his user name, I pulled his profile up, and then it was just like banning someone... I clicked the pinwheel and there was an "Approve" .. or something like that, and when I clicked that his account became usable. It's been a while.

Oh aye!

What can I say.. some people don't enjoy my sunny disposition as much as this place and Discord..

I'm actually back on reddit, but I've dedicated my brain to staying out of political forums because that is where I always got in trouble. I find by staying in sports, cooking, and a few other interests I have subreddits. It's actually pretty peaceful for me now.. :). I probably should subscribe back to the OMV subreddit again, but haven't bothered. Discord takes up enough of my time.

Sorry, I got banned from reddit so I've not been back there in a bit. Frankly I'm not very happy with the direction the subreddit takes at times, so I never spent much time there anyway. Beyond that, the subreddit was never an official support channel. The guy who started it doesn't even post there very often (last I looked at his profile some time ago, he seemed to just create random subs he thinks will get traffic). So you should PM him your complaints, but he's not responding because he has nothing to do with OMV. I don't even think he's a user.

I'm in discord all the time time if you want to PM me there the details on this (I don't answer all the time as I work overnights, but I check it when I wake up, before I go to work, and a bit while at work if I'm not busy).

I've actually resolved this issue before for a reddit user... oddly enough, if it was a hotmail user as well.

It just requires a bit of knowing the member name and then finding it in the member list. At that point, a mod should be able to active the account (or I did last time).

Why can't you just reinstall the omv-compose plugin? Sounds like you may have just disabled the repository, which should be easy enough to restore.

Also, if you're going to experiment... (I admit I do a lot) I highly recommend using a VM.

You're missing fundamentals, you need a "intro to Linux" book. Try this, it's only 200 pages so it's quick: https://www.amazon.com/Linux-B…ing-Command/dp/1496145097

After that do Linux from Scratch, this will take even less time. It's ~300 pages but you'll be flying through this one, "it's a page turner": https://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/download.html (There's also a Systemd version if you like).

Realistically, in 24-36 hours of education you could be running your own floppy based distro and know exactly what is in it and how it works.

LOL