Beiträge von KM0201

yes I read your document, I took the example on your site and still nothing. Please help me.

Your port forwarding is very likely wrong as well, because OMV runs on port 80... so you'll need to do some port forwarding in your router.

You are using default credentials...

admin

openmediavault

If that checks out... If you can log in either at console (Display and keyboard attached to your server) or if you can ssh in as root

omv-firstaid

One of the options is to change the web panel password.

Only way I could think to do that (and there mayb eothers) is to run 3 singular jobs, that only run at the time you want.

So, Set one job to run at 15

Set a duplicate job to run at 35

Set another duplicate job to run at 55

Do not check the "N" minute box on any of them, and make sure Hour is set to "0" (otherwise it's just going to run over pretty much nonstop)

Too many clicks needed to install plugins. How to bring check boxes and select all that I need and install all at once, in a batch?

File a feature request on Github.. but I believe Votdev has already said that will not work with the new webUI, thus why it wasn't there in the first place.

I run into this all the time at work on systems without home directories. You never use the up arrow key to go thru the history to avoid retyping commands you recently typed? Or the history command?

auto-complete should still work depending on the shell. bash works.

No, I do use it all the time (but I also set home directories)... I was saying I don't remember that not working.. but when you think about it, it makes sense in this scenario that it doesn't

When no home directory is set and/or it doesn't exist, you will have no shell history and other things will not work.

Hmm, I never remember the history, but I'm guessing you're right on that now that I think about it.

Generally speaking in this situation, I've usually foud auto-complete still works.

Did you set a home directory?

this can also be a cause.. but even w/o a home directory, /bin/bash works as expected (only thing I can recall when a home directory is not set.. is you cannot just hit "cd" and hit enter, and clear the prompt)... I'm willing to bet what he is describing is /bin/sh

I'm a new user of Openmediavault, installed as a complete image. I created a normal user with Bash as the shell for that user, set up SSH access and I'm wondering why the shell has so many limitations. No retained command history and no tab completion for filenames or paths in particular. Is there any way to upgrade the Bash or shell access in general to give me a decent Linux shell?

When you set up your user (which I assume you used the webUI for)... which shell did you set in the user setup? I believe the default you're describing, is /bin/sh (and you're right it's pretty useless IMO). votdev I've wondered for a while, is there any way to make /bin/bash default? I've dealt with this problem a lot in discord. Probably more of a feature request than a bug.

Go back to the user settings, edit yoru user, and change the shell to /bin/bash then save and apply.

Log out of SSH then SSH back in.

That's probably what you're looking for.