Connecting to OMV Via SFTP Through Filezilla

• Hi

I'm trying to edit some files specifically for NGINX as I'm setting up PHPMyAdmin on a different port so that it doesn't clash with the web-gui of OMV. I need root privileges so I've created a user and set all privileges to it. I can access the root directory perfectly fine and download files to my desktop. However, I believe I'm only accessing this as read-only because I can not overwrite the files on the server when I'm uploading the amended files.

Any idea how I can gain full privileges to user and/or group?

Many thanks

Will

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm trying to edit some files specifically for NGINX as I'm setting up PHPMyAdmin on a different port so that it doesn't clash with the web-gui of OMV.

This is a very good reason to run phpmyadmin in docker.

I need root privileges so I've created a user and set all privileges to it. I can access the root directory perfectly fine and download files to my desktop. However, I believe I'm only accessing this as read-only because I can not overwrite the files on the server when I'm uploading the amended files.

Any idea how I can gain full privileges to user and/or group?

I don't what you mean by "all privileges" but typically what you are doing is done by root or using sudo on the system. You can't sudo via sftp and sftp is a terrible way to edit configuration files on a Linux system especially config files in /etc/.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I don't what you mean by "all privileges" but typically what you are doing is done by root or using sudo on the system. You can't sudo via sftp and sftp is a terrible way to edit configuration files on a Linux system especially config files in /etc/.

What's the best GUI way of editing the files? I can quite happily use nano to edit the files in SSH session but I'm trying to make a noob friendly guide for people that want a simple way of doing it.

This is a very good reason to run phpmyadmin in docker.

I couldn't get PHPMyAdmin working before. I was using a ARM64 version and for some reason the CPU was 'unknown' to the system, whereas I an now running ARMHF so may I try again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What's the best GUI way of editing the files?

You shouldn't have to. OMV is the GUI way of editing files. If you are trying to make guide for installing phpmyadmin on OMV, you should use the nginx plugin and all editing would be done in the plugin.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• So you reckon installing Docker and NGINX from OMV's extra's and then configuring MySQL, PHPMyAdmin and Nextcloud through Docker containers?

One of the problems I have is when running

Code
    docker pull mysql/mysql-server

I receive this message

Code
    Using default tag: latest
    latest: Pulling from mysql/mysql-server
    no matching manifest for unknown in the manifest list entries
    • Offizieller Beitrag

So you reckon installing Docker and NGINX from OMV's extra's and then configuring MySQL, PHPMyAdmin and Nextcloud through Docker containers?

No. Docker -or- nginx plugin. I recommend docker and the container will have the web server.

I receive this message

You have to add a tag if your system isn't amd64. https://hub.docker.com/r/mysql/mysql-server/tags

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!