[solved] File Serving Hangs

• Hello. I wasn't sure which sub-forum to place this in so I thought I'd start in the General configuration sub-forum.

I'm replacing a Banana pi that has an older version of Linux and OMV 2.x with a NanoPC T4. I'm using Kodi to view video files stored on the server. When serving video files mounted as either NFS or Samba shares, the video stops playing about a minute or two after it starts or when skipping around the file. I've placed the file on an M.2 SSD, a spinning hard disk attached either to USB 3 or USB 2 ports on the T4 and the same thing happens. When I place the file on the Banana Pi, it plays successfully and I can skip without any issues.

I am suspecting a network or software configuration issue on the T4 but have not been able to determine the issue and am running out of places to look. The debug log for Kodi just says things like stream stalled or io errors of some kind.

I'm using Armbian and I've tried with the stable 4.4.x version and the nightly/dev 4.20.x version of Stretch.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

• So you placed the video on a drive directly connected to the device running kodi and it still stops? Seems like a kodi issue to me or possibly a usb hard drive issue? Perhaps kodi better supports the cortex A7 of the banana pi than the RK3399 of the NanaPC?

A quick search will reveal that rockchip support by Kodi is currently not as mature as other SOC's.

• The device running Kodi plays the video properly when it is on the old file server. Kodi does not play the video properly when it is being served by the new T4 file server. So, I've ruled out Kodi, for now, as the issue. I also turned on Debug Logging in Kodi. The log shows that Kodi is still responding to key presses but is hanging on the video file not responding.

• I found a workaround. I was in the process of figuring out/setting up testing the NFS connection between the client and server when I had to modify how the drive was mounted. The clients are RPi's using LibreElec. I was mounting the drives using NFS and Samba within Kodi. I mounted the drives before Kodi started and the issue no longer occurs. I specified NFS version 3 option and nothing else.

I've posted a bug in LibreElec.

Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!