Troubles with the installation of the e1000e intel driver (I219-V)

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Troubles with the installation of the e1000e intel driver (I219-V)

Hi!

I want to install OMV 4.1.22 on the following system:
      • ASRock DeskMini 310
      • Intel Pentium Gold G5600
      • 8GB RAM
      i can install OMV with an USB-Ethernet-card, but i have problems with the internal Ethernet card I219v. the preinstalled e1000e-driver of the kernel doesn't seem to work. (the following output is from an ubuntu 18.04 installation, where the card works)

Source Code

1. obiwahn@ubuntu:~$ lspci -nnk | grep -i net -A2
      2. 00:1f.6 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V [8086:15bc] (rev 10)
      3. Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V [1849:15bc]
      4. Kernel driver in use: e1000e
      5. Kernel modules: e1000e
      one solution, i have found, is to take the intel driver directly from the website. i' following the instructions on the downloadpage. The building of the new kernel modul is successfull, but i can't get the new driver to work. I think, i make a mistake loading the driver permanently. What have I forgotten?

Thanks, ObiWahn
    • New

That NIC should work fine with the 4.19 kernel. Once you install OMV, are you fully updating the system (should install the 4.19 kernel) wiht the usb nic?
      omv 4.1.22 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.15
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!