Docker makes my omv4 install very unstable.

• Docker, for whatever reason makes my omv 4 very unstable. When the cpu gets high, it crashes cores. I saw this a lot with plex and insync and pihole.... anything that creates high cpu in docker. On latest kernel avail on extras. Tired pv kernel and half of my nfs shares disappeared. I tried to install later kernel with ukuu and just would not work. This used to be a Ubuntu 18.04 server that would go months without reboot and issues. I have now uninstalled docker and installed plex and pihole outside of omv in os directly and very stable again. This is a AMD A8 on arock motherboard with hightpoint raid card. 3x velicioraptors in raid 5 and 16x4TB sata drives in raid 6 (44TB).

What is docker doing that is crashing my server? :?:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you look and see if you could find what exactly what striping your CPU when docker is running?

This has to be some sort of hardware/software incompatibility. I've never read this before so your issue is certainly an outlier.

I'm streaming a 1080p movie at the moment (not w/ Plex, but w/ Kodi pointed at a simple SMB share), and have 13 dockers running (one of which is downloading a torrent at the moment).. and my CPU is fluctuating between 20-25%.. I have a 2.4gz Celeron G1610

• locks up and i cannot ssh or log into console. The raid card has been supported since linux 2.6.x... However, now it has been stable for 18 hours... would not go 2 hours before. At first i thought it was the kernel... but with docker uninstalled, it has been stable.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!