shellinabox fails as of ~5.2.6?

• As of OMV 5.2.6 (I think, not 100% sure), the "shellinabox" plugin stopped working for me (worked fine in the past). When I click its tab on the management GUI, I get a "Loading ..." progress bar which goes forever. Tried to remove/reinstall, same thing. Now at 5.2.7, same thing.
    Anyone seen this? Any suggestion?
    Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Had to pull the plugin. The shellinaboxd daemon isn't starting and shellinabox isn't maintained anymore. Not sure what is wrong.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.5

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It is working IE. So I wouldn't pull it. Daemon is running fine on my vm. I believe this is something to do in the browser. My vm is on 5.25. If the daemon is not running on 5.26 or 5.27 there has to be something in the upgrades that effected the daemon.

Upgraded vm to 5.27. Can't load the js TAB in Chrome or IE. The daemon is running fine. Can still connect at hostname/shell in IE.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tried it on three systems and can't get the daemon to start. Didn't even worry about the browser. Something is going on. I already had it pulled. Going to look at it now.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.5

• There is a problem in the javascript on the Terminal TAB with this line:

Code
    if(response.running == true) {

There has been some changes and it does not like this check to see if daemon is running.

There were 2 errors on the Settings TAB as well. I'll put the fix to those on the repo.

Code
    ~# service shellinabox status
    Shell In A Box Daemon is running
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I recompiled the binary and it will start now. Not sure why. Once you make the changes, I will change it so the terminal tab is disabled when the service is disabled. Then we can remove the check. With your changes and mine, I will make new packages.

** I'm also going to make it just one repo.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I see subzero made a change as well. I plan on deleting the i386 repo and renaming the amd64 repo. Everyone done with changes? :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Plugins update and back in testing repo. Still doesn't work with Chrome.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Ugh....... Version number......................................................................you missed your chance Ryeco.

Huh??

• Thanks very much folks!!

It now indeed works in FF, does not in Chrome. I have a vague memory that it did (in Chrome) in the past but I may be off here.
    Anyway, thanks for fixing it!

• version 1.1 ................. the dots mean nothing. I just do that to be more expressive. shell-in-a-box_5.1 or 5.2

I think it is best we make all plugins have a version number that corresponds with the version of omv to which they belong.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just incremented what was there. I didn't even think about it. I normally do number them all by what version of OMV it works with. We are making more changes and I will fix it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!