[howto] Haswell motherboards and OpenMediaVault (Intel NIC)

• Hi David, thanks for your reply.
    I tried it with ` - the one between "ß" und BACKSPACE on a german keyboard (with Shift key). That took me obviously one step further but as far as I remember it keeps asking to choose the right linux-image.
    Since I did it very quickly I couldn't take a foto - will try that the next time.

But I have the impression I'm on the right way - and almost there... ;)

Cheers
    fahrer17

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YEAH - finally works!!!
    One last time: Thank you for that tutorial!! :D

OMV6.x

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G

ASRock B550M Pro4

Crucial DIMM 16GB

Western Digital WD Blue SN570

Seagate IronWolf 8TB/WD Red 8TB

AeroCool CS-102

• I just attempted to install OMV on an Asrock C2550D4i with the Intel i210 ethernet just to run into this driver problem. I have not tried this guide yet (I plan too tonight), but I am surprised that there has not been any updated install media in the 6mo's since this thread was started... I'm using the latest (as far as I can tell...?) install media of 0.5.48, but wouldn't all of this headache be solved by updating the ISO?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Most work has been put into OMV 1.0 which will be released soon. That is the reason for the lack of updates. Try this guide instead.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Didn't know that forum wasn't showing to regular users.

Installed Debian 7.x (Wheezy) using the Debian Wheezy 7.6 netinst image. Please make sure, that all options are unchecked, when asked for packages. Then:

Code
    echo "deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public kralizec main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault-keyring postfix
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault
    omv-initsystem

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!