[RESOLVED] Mail Notification on 0.3.0.25

• Has anyone noticed issues with the mail notification in this version? Mine just keeps going on a loop overloading my system drive with logs, and will not stop unless I turn it off. This is what I get from the logs:

Code
    postfix/smtp[8327]: table hash:/etc/postfix/generic(0,lock|fold_fix) has changed -- restarting

Among other things such as bounces, etc. The PID constantly changes, and I get after a minute or so about 7,000 pages of logs. Any ideas would be appreciated, and anyone with the same issue, please post it here.

*Update: Issue was fixed with versions 0.3.0.26 and 0.4.0.1

• Could be related, some additional info:

Code
    Sep 16 16:39:45 openmediavault postfix/smtp[13813]: 65CC31408AB: to=<XXXXXXXX@att.net>, relay=smtp.gmail.com[173.194.77.109]:587, delay=352, delays=352/0.09/0.16/0.02, dsn=5.5.1, status=bounced (host smtp.gmail.com[173.194.77.109] said: 530-5.5.1 Authentication Required. Learn more at 530 5.5.1 http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=14257 d6sm8616709obx.15 (in reply to MAIL FROM command))

The XXXX's are to obscure my email, and yes, authentication is enabled with the right password.

• Issue is confirmed on three testing platforms, with the 0.3.0.25 update. Please turn off notifications until there's a fix for it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The only modification done to the postfix configuration was to add brackets to the relayhost. Maybe you should remove them in the postfix config file (/etc/postfix/main.cf) and restart postfix with

Code
    service postfix restart

Maybe you should search for problems with google and postfix and try to adapt the changes to the omv config for testing. I can not test this due the fact i do not have an google email nor i think i am able to reproduce the error.

• The problem is the same with Google, Yahoo, AT&T, etc. I will try what you suggested though.

*edit: That is exactly the problem. Removing the brackets and restarting the service immediately fixed the problem.

• now, a strange fact : I installed a virtual OMV yesterday for testing purpose from latest ISO I have (0.3.0.17). First I set everything, then I did the upgrade to 0.3.0.25. No brackets !!!???

• Zitat von "votdev"

So what to do now, revert to the previous code? Seems to me the !!improvement!! has more disadvantages than advantages.

I would have to agree.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!