[SOLVED] Virtualbox and BD Drive

• Hello,

i installed VirtualBox and in VB i Installed a Windows XP.

My plan is to use the BD Drive in my server with MakeMkv to backup my Blu Rays.
    Here Are My Settings in VM

So i start XP installed MakeMkv and when i insert a BD MakeMkv noted there is a BD. So i Press Start and it works for a few seconds (MakeMkv Start to work) after 5-10 the hole XP freezes and i musst wait 5mins and the i get this error.

Any one have a Idea what i can do?

p.s. sry for my bad english.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of:

dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• it says

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you have the guest additions installed on the XP guest? Have you rebooted the host?

I have used the same setup many times. Every once in a while the host drive would need to be reset. You could also try adding a sata controller instead of ide for just the cd/dvd/bd drive.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• Yes guest additions are Installed. I Reboot 1000 times. I tried a USB BD Rom and have the same issue. So i installed Win 7 and there is the same Problem :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of:

dpkg -l | grep virtualbox
    groups vbox

• Code
    root@schackschack:~# dpkg -l | grep virtualbox
    ii  openmediavault-virtualbox             0.5.15                       VirtualBox plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  virtualbox-4.3                        4.3.12-93733~Debian~squeeze  Oracle VM VirtualBox

Zitat

vbox : users cdrom

Okay on Win7 it works when i add the Drive to SATA not to IDE but W7 ist terrible Slow on my Machine, on WinXP i find now way to Install the SATA drivers.
    I Found this solution https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=42829 i downloaded the Installer and the Files but when i want Install the Installer the program says. "my system doesn't have the requirements to install this software"

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!