syslog error

• Hi,

since i cloned my SSD to a new one in my new server i get some errors.

Zitat

Jun 1 23:42:28 schackschack collectd[1842]: rrdtool plugin: rrd_update_r (/var/lib/collectd/rrd/localhost/cpu-2/cpu-idle.rrd) failed: /var/lib/collectd/rrd/localhost/cpu-2/cpu-idle.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1401658708 when last update time is 1401668997 (minimum one second step)
    Jun 1 23:42:28 schackschack collectd[1842]: rrdtool plugin: rrd_update_r (/var/lib/collectd/rrd/localhost/cpu-2/cpu-interrupt.rrd) failed: /var/lib/collectd/rrd/localhost/cpu-2/cpu-interrupt.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1401658708 when last update time is 1401668997 (minimum one second step)
    Jun 1 23:42:28 schackschack collectd[1842]: rrdtool plugin: rrd_update_r (/var/lib/collectd/rrd/localhost/cpu-3/cpu-idle.rrd) failed: /var/lib/collectd/rrd/localhost/cpu-3/cpu-idle.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1401658708 when last update time is 1401668997 (minimum one second step)
    Jun 1 23:42:28 schackschack collectd[1842]: rrdtool plugin: rrd_update_r (/var/lib/collectd/rrd/localhost/interface/if_packets-eth0.rrd) failed: /var/lib/collectd/rrd/localhost/interface/if_packets-eth0.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1401658708 when last update time is 1401668997 (minimum one second step)

anyone have an idea what the problem is?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The error says the update already happened because of the time difference (old system was much farther ahead) between the two systems.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Check the "Use NTP server" box in Date & Time.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• If you delete the old graph data I think that will solve it.

Go to this location:
    /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost

In that location you have a bunch of folders.
    cpu-2

1st try just deleting all the file in the cpu-2 folder. See if that works. You may have to delete other files too but try this.

• Do this before you delete them:

service collectd stop

then delete files

and then

service collectd start

PS- you need to do for cpu-3 and interface folders too.
    PPS- This is what I can see from log. It is probably good idea to delete all files in all those folders.

• easy way:

service collectd stop
    cd /var/lib/collectd/rrd/localhost (**Edit: I changed this line**)
    rm -rf *
    service collectd start

The subfolders in localhost will be recreated.

PS- when collectd starts again many of the graphs will not show at 1st. It takes a bit for the data to come to populate the graphs.

**EDIT: I had wrong location. My system is different. You must be on .5 OMV. See above I changed path.**

• Zitat

Go to this location:
    /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost

this path doesn't exist, i only have
    /var/lib/collectd/rrd/localhost/

i delete the files in this folders and it seems it works. thx man :)

no my only problem is get the e1000e network card to run. i put an other in the server this works but i wanne use the e1000e and i have no idea how i get this card work. i read in the forum but nothings helps.

and another noob question is it possible to install backport kernel 3.14 on 0.5.49 i have a haswell cpu and i read there a lot of power saving tweaks for this cpu in the kernel 3.14

• The e1000e is big problem for people. If you want kernel, 3.12, you can get if you upgrade to OMV 1. I don't think we can get 3.14 kernel.

Aaron, why don't you answer on the e1000e. Lots of people are having problems with it Dinge. Wait for Aaron to respond to this post. He was just trying to help someone last week and he knows more about it right now.

• No, you have to take what is in Debian Wheezy's backports and that is kernel 3.12. You can upgrade to OMV 1 now, you don't have to wait for official release. Since your board is so new that is probably best way to go.

From that thread you gave you can see how many problems that guy had with the e1000e.

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-extras now installs the 3.14 kernel when running on omv 0.6.

The e1000e shouldn't be as big of an issue anymore. The latest squeeze backports and wheezy standard kernel are *supposed* to support it now. So, if you can install a temporary network card and upgrade to backports (or fully update wheezy system), you should be ok. I haven't tested that though. The same thing goes for Wheezy once Wheezy 7.6 is released. Once you are using a kernel version with the supported driver, the e1000e system I admin has been flawless (runs proxmox 3.2).

• Zitat

omv-extras now installs the 3.14 kernel when running on omv 0.6.

The e1000e shouldn't be as big of an issue anymore. The latest squeeze backports and wheezy standard kernel are *supposed* to support it now. So, if you can install a temporary network card and upgrade to backports (or fully update wheezy system), you should be ok. I haven't tested that though. The same thing goes for Wheezy once Wheezy 7.6 is released. Once you are using a kernel version with the supported driver, the e1000e system I admin has been flawless (runs proxmox 3.2).

i have installed a temporary network card. Can you tell me how i "upgrade to backports" (or fully update wheezy system - what is the better choice)? i am on OMV 0.5 so can i upgrade and when i do this will all my settings (like my greyhole poole etc) will be worked after the upgrade?

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you are using OMV 0.5, install omv-extras and there is a button to install the Backports 3.2 kernel. Reboot. After that, set your network settings for the onboard adapter and make sure you can access the system using that address. Shutdown the system and remove the temporary card. This won't change any other settings.

• i have installed the 3.2 kernel when i now want to upgrade again

but you my network card wont work. you guys said i have to install the 3.14 Kernel and upgrade to 0.6 ? Can i upgrade to 0.6 somehow and don't loose my data? or is this not possible?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The latest 3.2 kernel is supposed to have the drivers. I guess you network card version is even newer. Before going to 0.6, what is the output of:

Code
    lspci
    lsmod | grep e1000e
    ifconfig -a

• Zitat

root@schackschack:~# lspci
    -bash: lspci: Kommando nicht gefunden.

the eth0 is the other card i put in

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!