Unexpected behaviour in adding users to group dialog. Bug?

• OMV 0.5
    • Resolved
    • Unexpected behaviour in adding users to group dialog. Bug?

Hi everybody,

when adding users to a group in the dialog located at "Access Rights Management/Group" there is the following behavour: When clicking on a username instead of the checkbox, all the other checked users are deselected. So one could easily mess up the old users list by not being careful.
      This is even amplified by only seeing a small section (4-5 rows) of users. When the window ist dragged bigger the list-widget is not adapted to the new size.

Best regards
    • The selection issue is not a bug, but it is a not very intuitive selection mode 'MUILT', see docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.2/#!…on.CheckboxModel-cfg-mode. The issue has been fixed in OMV 1.0 by changing mode to 'SIMPLE'. See sourceforge.net/p/openmediavault/code/1420.

I can not reproduce the list-widget resizing issue in OMV 1.0 (won't be fixed in 0.5 because it is only a visible issue).
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • Checkbox behaviour has been reverted to MULTI with sourceforge.net/p/openmediavault/code/1422/ in openmediavault 1.0.15.

The MULTI mode works as in every file browser. Selection a range with clicking SHIFT-LMB. Selecting multiple entries with CTRL-LMB. Selecting a row by clicking NOT the checkbox unchecks all other entries. This mode allows better selection of multiple rows and individual entries.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit