Mounting Raid 5 after reinstall/update

• Greetings,

I've a system with 1 SSD and 4 HDDs.
    The 4 HDDs were in a Raid 5.
    The old version was 0.5.x,

I reinstalled OMV (1.0.20) on the SSD.
    On the Web-gui, I see the old Raid in the Raid-Management and in "File system"
    Raid Management shows clean and "File system" shows online, not mounted and n/a

If I try to mount I get:

Zitat

Failed to mount '716d0637-87c9-4fd3-8543-eecb97f92b4b': mount: no such partition found

That makes sense to me, because the new system can't know the old raid (uuid).

So the question is how to fix it?
    Deleting and Recreating in "File system"?
    I fear I might lose the data.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hmmm.. I'd hold off on formatting that. Something isn't right... the raid should just remount with no problem at all. If you format/secure wipe the raid.. you WILL lose data.. that should not be in question.. so don't do that unless you have a backup.

Although I've never used raid5, I've mounted raid's on new installs quite a few times and never had an issue. I'm not sure why you're having this issue however.

• Hello

yesterday i've came around with a similar issue,i finally bypass this issue without losing my data
    4hdd on raid 10

omv-mkconf fstab
    reboot
    and then create a dir 716d0637-87c9-4fd3-8543-eecb97f92b4b in media directory
    You should be able to mount from web interface then

• omv-mkconf fstab
    reboot
    and then create a dir 716d0637-87c9-4fd3-8543-eecb97f92b4b in media directory
    You should be able to mount from web interface then

hmm, now I can mount the raid, thx.

Unfortunately there is still a Problem:
    When I try to create a NFS share, I get the error message:

It seems it's not only on NFS shares, also SMB/CIFs or even if I try to enable ssh/ftp

• don't know if it helps but i had simular problems as well yesterday after clean install, RAID mounted without any issues but i had also issue with NFS, Apple, SMB etc shares.
    What i did was when i run into an issue like that just rebooted and then it worked, maybe this is a bug don't know didn't had time to investigate still setting up everything.
    GUI seems to not respond once in a while as well.

oh and do NOT forget to disable quotas if you don't use it after install or you need to wait long time with reboot.

OMV hangs on boot

• I do some research on these issues the last days cause i got some erros similar to yours.The system mounting and working perfectly on 0.5.48 in another disk fresh install.With a 3rd disk fresh install of version 1 keeps having the same problems.Also when these errors appears whatever changes you make seems that didn't applied.Even changing the name of the machine.I've done some searching through console,deleting a file but other errors came up.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!