Knowing if power management is correcly configured

• Hello,
    I've installed my nas a week ago....I was wondering how to check if the power management is configured properly.....I've set idle to Hdd... would be great to know if ACPI is configured correctly...maybe also speedstep... Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Those are probably tough to determine. You can tell the hard drive is idle if you access it and spins back up. Check /proc/cpuinfo to see what speed the processor is running at to see if speedstep is running. ACPI is probably configured correct if the system goes to sleep. Other than those ideas, the only other way I can think is looking at the power draw on a kill-a-watt meter.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Would running

sudo hdparm -C /dev/sd?

Apparently -C will ....
    Check the current IDE power mode status, which will always be one of unknown (drive does not support this command), active/idle (normal operation), standby (low power mode, drive has spun down), or sleeping (lowest power mode, drive is completely shut down). The -S, -y, -Y, and -Z flags can be used to manipulate the IDE power modes.

just a thought?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!