RPi 2(RTC module): from unruly Stepchild to Wunderkind

• Got it! I was really confused as to what the k08 stuff was. I'm still fuzzy on symlinks and their purpose. I gather that they are for linking different processes in the OS? Thanks again!

Code
    root@raspberrypi:~# ls /etc/rc*.d/*hwclock*
    /etc/rc0.d/K08hwclock.sh  /etc/rc6.d/K08hwclock.sh  /etc/rcS.d/S06hwclock.sh
    root@raspberrypi:~#

OMV 2.1.5.1 (Stone burner) ARMHF | RPi 2 + 32GB MicroSDHC UHS-1 48MB/Sec | WD My Book 1140 4TB (Hitachi HDD) USB 3.0 | WD My Book 1230 4TB (WD Green HDD) USB 3.0 | Samsung 2.1Amp PSU

• I wouldn't even use OMV on the RPi 2 without the RTC module. BTW, I sent out 2 modules to Aaron yesterday. So hopefully there will be an image soon that works out of the box for the RPi 2 with the RTC module.

• Awesome! Out of the box support = win! But still nice to figure stuff out and then when you cant come here and ask people! lol

@Mio Mine works flawlessly!

OMV 2.1.5.1 (Stone burner) ARMHF | RPi 2 + 32GB MicroSDHC UHS-1 48MB/Sec | WD My Book 1140 4TB (Hitachi HDD) USB 3.0 | WD My Book 1230 4TB (WD Green HDD) USB 3.0 | Samsung 2.1Amp PSU

• Offizieller Beitrag

BananaPi has the same gpio header that the RPi has. So, I would imagine it would work fine. It is a large investment to gamble on :D

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hello,
    I followed the guide step by step but I'm a little bit confused if working on my RPi2:

Actually it should say UU where the 68 shows in the picture if you followed this correctly and the clock should be activated.

mine says 68.....so something is wrong?

then, why boot.log and kern.log always have 01.01.1970 as creation date at reboot?
    many other log files seem to get wrong date

thanks

• What RTC module did you buy??? I would go back through the steps one by one. Except the backing of the hwclock.sh. Just make sure the new script is in the hwclock.sh. Also, some posts have steps at the bottom of the page so look closely.

PS- When Aaron gets the time he will put out an image that already has the RTC module integrated in the image.

• I bought the same as yours and yes I didn't miss up any step from the guide......I also tried some other tutorial but apparently my RTC module does not keep the right time in memory, after switching the RPi2 off and booting back again hwclock -r gives always a wrong time and date

• yes, I changed the module with the second one I bought, left the RPi overnight off and booting it this morning without internet connection....everything seems fine :D

If Aaron will integrate RTC in the next image I suggest to have a look at the following threads in the raspberry forum:
    https://www.raspberrypi.org/fo…opic.php?p=775626#p775626
    and for student users like me to understand how it works:
    https://www.raspberrypi.org/fo…8014&hilit=ds3231#p788014

• I read those links. Totally disagree with that guy putting the entry in the /boot/config.txt. The blacklist just prevents items you specify from loading. If you remove it from the list it loads normal. You should not have to put any special entry in the /boot/config.txt.

There was something said about manually updating the time. You could do this but I think it is better to let the ntp server just update it automatically. I think it normally takes less than 10 minutes. That way you know the ntp server is updating/correcting the time.

I think both those links are not helpful. Some information in there is just bad and will confuse people.

• I followed the steps but in my case it wasn't reading the hardware clock on boot
    i2cdetect -y 1 gave 68
    When I checked in etc/rcS.d, for some reason the hwclock.sh file had a kxx prefix so I deleted that file
    Once again I ran the commands update-rc.d -f hwclock.sh remove & update-rc.d hwclock.sh defaults
    Now the hardware clock is working on boot.

• The ebay supplier (in the above post) has confirmed that the battery is no-longer included (Yes, even though one is shown in the photo's)

Actually I don't think any of them include the battery now due to postal regulations for lithium batteries.

• I have read about these issues with the lithium batteries. I don't know if all EU countries are having problems like this. It really sucks. These parts are pretty common and not expensive. Are the batteries allowed to be shipped domestically? Maybe you can find a supplier in your country on your domestic version of e-bay. I don't know. People that find out please share information to help others. Thanks....

PS- I am not happy with German Customs... 20 percent on gifts to your children. This is crazy.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!