After copying folders from backup disk to Raid 1 some folders not acessible by some users

• Last week I was upgrading my Raid1 from 1TB to 3 TB. With the help of the forum I managed to make this process as smooth as possible.

However, now I am having some trouble with some users not being able to write into some folders. They get the message that they don't have the right permission. They can see the files in the folder and they can open these files but the can't save files in these folders.

I had copied the files via Rsync from my internal backup copy hard disk to the newly installed raid disks.

I am not quite sure were to set/change these permissions. I have the suspision that this only impacts folders created by one specific user, but I am not sure yet.

Do I need to chmod the permissions for these folders? Or better for the parent folder recursive down to all other folders in this shared folder? Because all users that are granted to access this shared folder should be able to read and write everything.

If chmod would be the way to go, how to chmod? 777? 775?

• Thank you very much for the quick reply.

I installed omv-extras and found the tab you were describing.

I reset the permissions and it seems to work. At least one particular folder which we had identified cleary works now. I hope the problem is solved with that.

Thanks again.

• I need to come back to this.

@subzero79: Your solution works, but whenever I open a new folder my colleagues can't save files in the folder, etc. When I use the reset permissions folder, they can write in the folder, but can't overwrite a file made by me, for example. I didn't have this problem before the upgrade. And I shouldn't need to use the reset permission function everytime I create a new folder on the server.

I am now trying to find a solution that the files that I put into the shared folders on my server can be edited by all users that have permissions to access them, which was the default behaviour before.

Any clues where to look at?

• Thank you for the response. I think I found the option that you said, set it for the folders and did a reset of permissions.

Now I need to check if things work.

I really appreciate your help. I let you know if it was sucessful.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!