Disable peridocal apt checks (for performance increase)

• Hi all!

I have some troubles with my little poor arm box. It has only around 250 BogoMIPS (resulting from a 400MHz CPU and 128MB RAM).

Zitat

BogoMips (from "bogus" and MIPS) is an unscientific measurement of CPU speed made by the Linux kernel when it boots to calibrate an internal busy-loop.[1] An oft-quoted definition of the term is "the number of million times per second a processor can do absolutely nothing".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BogoMips

I figured out that omv periodical does apt-checks:

Zitat

Open the OpenMediaVault WebGUI. Updates are listed in the section System > Update Manager. A cron job automatically checks for new updates once a day.

http://wiki.openmediavault.org…ates_to_OMV#Minor_Updates

I added a picture where you can see the apt-check and how it affects the speed: From 20MB/s to less than 1MB/s ;(

There's a way to do the updates check's only manual? How can I do this?
    And are there other things going heavy on cpu?

greetings

Bilder

:thumbup: Heads up! You’re editing your own user account, careless changes might lock you out! :whistling:
    _____________________________________________________________________________

:) :( ;) :P ^^ :D ;( X( :* :| 8o =O || :/ :S X/ 8) :huh: :rolleyes: 8| :thumbdown: :thumbup: :thumbup: :sleeping: :whistling:

• You can do this using the following CLI command:

Code
    # update-rc.d cron-apt remove

Thanks, I did it!

Output:

But most important is this line I guess:

Zitat

update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing

:thumbup:

:thumbup: Heads up! You’re editing your own user account, careless changes might lock you out! :whistling:

:) :( ;) :P ^^ :D ;( X( :* :| 8o =O || :/ :S X/ 8) :huh: :rolleyes: 8| :thumbdown: :thumbup: :thumbup: :sleeping: :whistling:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!