Static-Generator UI for static homepages?

• Hi. Was just contemplating if there is anyone who have build some kind of a static-generator UI plugin for publishing static websites in OMV?

I know it's possible to install WP and MySQL in OMV, but a more lightweight approach would be to use a static generator instead. The static website could be hosted on OMV and/or published somewhere else, like on Github or Amazon S3. I'm sick and tired of spending time on updating WP and Plugins nonestop, and I think that a static setup is the way to go, or a semi-static setup with a service like Contentful.

Some static generators which comes to mind is: Jekyll, Middleman, Pelican. The problem with most of them, is that there is not an UI in which one can write and publish content to the host. I know that Contentful can be used as an API and that one can use that as an editor, but what if I would like to use OMV as the editor for the website, have there been any thoughts in this area on how to accomplish this workflow?

There is also progress with the Docker plugin, which could be very helpful with httpd containers, but I'm a little clueless on what editor to use. Another approach could be a pure PHP-CMS which uses no database, like Kirby2, but this uses PHP which I would like to avoid, so that it can be hosted on other none-PHP hosts like S3.

Anyone have suggestions about an UI and a Static Generator which can be ported to OMV - either as a pure plugin or a Docker image?

Thx.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!