Export/Import SMB shares info

• Hi all,

I'm trying to automate the migration process from an older OMV (0.6) implementation. All my data is on a RAID5 volume. I created a couple of files to import the users and groups on the new OMV (2.0) system. I'm booting from a USB stick and i can see the array. I also have a script to set the permissions (chown and setfacl) but i can't seem to find a way to save the existing share information so i don't have to re-create it. Is there any way to save the share information from the old system? Or is there a script i can use to automatically create the shares on the new system based on information from the old one?

TIA

• Offizieller Beitrag

No, you have to do it manually.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi ryecoaaron,

I'm not sure, if this post is closed or still open since I have a similar query

I have installed OpenMediaVault v 0.5.60 installed with Users, Groups and Shares configured. Now I'm interested to migrate to the latest version of OpenMediaVault v 3.0.79, but I'm concerned about the existing Users, Groups and Shares Configuration

If we can't take a backup (i.e., export) this configuration and import it on newly installed machine which has latest version of OepnMediaVault, and bring up the shares ONLINE with respective ACLs, then is there any other way to take backup of existing configuration as there is huge amount of Users, Groups and Shares (ACLs) information on the existing OpenMediaVault Machine

How can this be addressed?

TIA

• Offizieller Beitrag

is there any other way to

You can import users and groups but not shares. If you don't want to reconfigure, you will have to upgrade 0.5 -> 1.x -> 2.x -> 3.x. I've done it but hope your linux skills are good. Ideally, you don't wait this long to do such a huge jump in upgrades and then it typically goes smoother.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!