update not possible anymore

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok. I'm guessing I don't live near you :)

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is a big body of water between us :D

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• seams the problem has not change after reinstall. I even put the server in my local network where my working machine is.
    Still cant update. Should I format the OMV disk first? I mean before I do a reinstall. I thought the setup does it. At least it recognized the RAID5 automaticly.

And the error also happens, when I want to install OMV extras.

Code
    Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get update 2>&1': E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
    E: Unable to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/apt.inc:276
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceApt->update(NULL, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('update', NULL, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Apt', 'update', NULL, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

also did ps aux | grep apt and that kill -9 thing and the apt-get update. no change

• i dont like, that it is ignoring these. Or is that fine?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ignoring those is fine. I would try a different drive to install OMV on.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I post on the other thread about what to do about the bootloader. No need to use lilo. If you could use a CD to install, it would be even easier.

• well update seams to be working agian. I wipe the HD, installed omv again with Lilo because Grub does not want to install in my case. tried that unplug thing and also with CHROOT, both didnt work. So I went with lilo. Right now im updating the installation and then I install the extras. then network bonding and waiting until raid is resynched

• Offizieller Beitrag

Glad it is working so far :)

• man i just hope I have nto lost my data on the raid5. its there and recognized but no data and when I want to make shares the old ones are not there :(
    And frankly I cant remember all folder names and I have not made a setup backup... darn

• darn now I miss typed when I created the bonding. now the ip is correct, its in the same network as mine but I cant access web gui anymore. I searched the forum for the console command to delete the bonding but no luck. will search the internet now.

fixed :D

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-firstaid :)

• YEEEEES :D Pretty happy now. I think in future I will buy a good SATA controller for pciexpress. seams usb connection is not very wise to use, right? im using a "normal" HD on an usb port. or I buy a good usb3.0 to sata adapter.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yep, I prefer sata to usb.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!