Sorry guys for having again questions about rsnapshot.
I have 7 folders on OMV, so I set up 7 tasks for rsnapshot. Target is a second server with two backup-folders mapped via remote-shares. The jobs are running daily - so far ok, it works as it should. Scheduled time is 20:00 (as in /etc/cron.d/openmediavault-rsnapshot defined).
Here are my questions:
- Where can I see the jobs on the CLI, where could I change the sequence of the jobs. It seems the sequence is defined by the order of set up?
- Where can I see in the GUI whether a job is running or has been finished?
- When I start a job manually from the GUI, a window pops up with "start" and and actual messages, but my GUI is blocked. How can this be changed?
- With manually start, sometimes statement like this occur:
rsync: chown "/media/9475796c-....-3d74fa16dca0/remote-shares/backup/DATEN4000/video/daily.0/SAT/Filme/Johnny English - Jetzt erst recht.eit" failed: Permission denied (13)
What does this mean? Why is rsnapshot (rsync) going to change the owner? I thought rsnapshot itself has admin rights and can copy everything.
- Why do the rsnapshot-jobs take so long? Even without changes, a new copy of 500 GiB (daily.o --> daily.1) takes approx. 1 hour. Both server on the same switch with Gigabit.
- In case the backup server is not present, remote-shares is unable to map, but rnapshots nevertheless starts a new backup on place of the designated (empty) mapping folder, what blows up my internal disk. How can this be prevented?
- And last but not least, is there a better way to make daily, scheduled, differential backups? Sorry, I am spoiled by Time-Backup (Synology), that is fast, reliable and gives a clear statement via mail whether the backup was successful.