ignore SMART ID #190

• Not sure how to configure this...

As some point in their life, three of my drives hit 53 degrees. This has caused SMART ID 190 to show that it's failed in the past. I think I can ignore it safely, and I really want to do that... the problem is that I can't figure out how to add -I 190 to /etc/smartd.conf without having it overwritten...

Anyone have any ideas that can help?

Your pal,
    FON

OMV 2.1.x (Stone Burner) 64bit running on an Dell XPS8500 @ 3.4Ghz with 3.16 Backports Kernel with 28 x 4TB WD Reds (110 TB) in MediaSonic Probox enclosures connected by USB 3.0 =O . Snapraid 9.3 for Backup :) . Plex on a separate box for serving media.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Advanced users of omv are more familiar with environmental variables that permit custom options in some aspects.

There is an env variable that controls the defaults command of the daemon, not the disks ones.

OMV_SMARTMONTOOLS_DEFAULTDIRECTIVES="-a -o on -S on -T permissive"

If you place this at /etc/default/openmediavault at the end following your suggested extra argument it should be

OMV_SMARTMONTOOLS_DEFAULTDIRECTIVES="-a -o on -S on -T permissive -l 190"

Restart engined then run omv-mkconf smarmontools and restart the smart daemon or reboot.

• Thanks sub! Did it. It worked. My ego is slightly bruised. I thought after all this time and all this storage that I might be slightly advanced.

Nope.

Unless a man can edit /etc/default/openmediavault, he is not advanced. ;)

Thanks again for the help! Time for me to study!

FON

OMV 2.1.x (Stone Burner) 64bit running on an Dell XPS8500 @ 3.4Ghz with 3.16 Backports Kernel with 28 x 4TB WD Reds (110 TB) in MediaSonic Probox enclosures connected by USB 3.0 =O . Snapraid 9.3 for Backup :) . Plex on a separate box for serving media.

• Just one other note...

The original reason that I asked this question is because some drives were not appearing in snapraid SMART reporting, as they were behind an older version jmicon controller. Updating the SMARTCTL config doesn't help that problem, as snapraid requires it's own smartctl settings in its config file. Note that while -d is supported, -i is not.

FON

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!