first sorry for my bad englisch, i try my best and hope you can understand my problem.
I hope when i write in english more people can help me...
First my system specs:
2x 4GB Kingston KVR16LS11/4
1x SanDisk SSD 64GB
1x 1TB WD Green
2x 4TB WD Red
Cougar 350W ATX
Software: OMV 2.2.2 with installed Backport Kernel
So on my small 1TB WD Green my music is located. On the other WD Red's i have saved movies and so on..
I access my nas via my Win10 PC.
I often listen to music with Foobar which is configured to access my nas smb shares.
So far so good , everything is fine. My other hd's spindown after 30 minutes, if there is no need. Again this is fine, too.
Now when i access one hd which is in sleep mode and simultaneously listen to music , my music hangs for 3-4 seconds.
This is reproducible.
What i have tried to fix this:
- Music saved on an other harddrive - doesn't fix
- Access from an other PC with Win10 - same problem, music hangs for 3-4 seconds on this pc
- changed LAN cable - doesn't fix
- direct connection to nas from my pc, normaly my pc is connected to my switch - doesn't fix
- tried the same with an amd fm1 system ( mainboard + cpu + ram ). the rest of the components i used from my system ( see above ) - same problems exists even on my amd system ?? wtf ??
you see i tried many options without success...
But when i now spinup my hds over the omv webinterface with "extplorer plugin" while i'm listen to music i have no music lags.
So there must be something wrong with the samba plugin... but why others doesn't have these lags, only me ?
In the other german forums no one can help me.
This is very disappointing.
I hope someone can understand my "english" ( sorry i'm from germany ) and can help ?
Many thanks in advance!